6/10 Loudogg AMPS 238 +3 179 +5 108 +6 89 +7.25 89 +8 79! +9 112 PMPS 140 Reduction earned

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

June 9, 2018 Condo

Yesterday was a really rough day for me, as Lou surfed the pinks all day. :mad: I'll be honest and say I almost cried tears of joy when I saw a number below the renal threshold this morning. He needs to be done with this bouncing garbage ASAP before I snap completely. He's spent so long in high numbers prior to the switch to glargine. Every day they continue, I feel like we're on borrowed time until the kidney issues begin.

I desperately hope today is better and doesn't cause yet another bounce. Mamma needs a break from those pinks Lou! I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties surf safely!

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

It is nice to see a break from those pinks from yesterday. Could you head into some blue today Lou?

:bighug::bighug::bighug:for you Amanda. Hang in there!

3. Amanda and a Loudogg

I think he heard you! Thank you so much! :bighug:

Osha likes this.
  4. Amanda and a Loudogg

This has been a ridiculously exciting day for Loudogg! Not only the first green result in 5 months, he has had multiple greens today! :D:D:D I have tried steering a bit with a higher carb food, which I've never done before. It's at 15%, so I've been calling it medium carb. According to the SLGS sticky, it looks like he's earned a reduction.... It makes me slightly sad because those green numbers are so beautiful! :rolleyes:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

To encourage a surf in those healing green numbers, it's a good idea to give a tsp or two of his regular low carb food when they first see green. High carb food (15% and above), given after nadir can shorten duration and put an end to the pretty greens. They are addictive, aren't they. :D

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  6. Amanda and a Loudogg

That's good to know Wendy, thank you! I was kind of flying by the seat of my pants today, haha. Would you just use regular low carb food for surfing and just use high carb food in case a hypo occurs?

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Save the higher carb if he goes below 50, or if he's dropping really fast in the earlier part of the cycle and you want to slow him down, or you can't monitor for some reason.

Three hours in green, a great start!:)

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.