6/11/20 Apple AMPS 259 +10 57 - Alarmingly Low Number

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caren & Apple, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

2. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

UPDATE: His numbers are rising, we're out of the danger zone. Didn't give him any gravy or anything, he got up to 78 and 102 on his own.

LindyNova likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like you're having some wonderful runs in the lagoon (those green numbers)...

You did the right thing at 57 by feeding him and testing again shortly thereafter. Beautiful surfing! Try not to be too alarmed when he does just exactly what we're all hoping to see every day!

Great catch!

Caren & Apple likes this.
  4. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Thanks for the reply. We were shocked he was that low so late in his cycle. After testing every half hour to 7:00 p.m. he made it 138, so we continued on as normal with his shot. I'll be keeping an eye on his numbers into the morning. Thank you so much for replying.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I know it's nerve wracking early on seeing those greens...but take a breath and know that he's looking good! I remember the first time I saw a green number, I almost had a heart attack!!! The more you have, the easier it'll get...and then you'll feel disappointed when you see a pink or even higher number. Look around at some other SS's - take a look at our beautiful boy @Sarah and Blaze! He's a poster child for low numbers and he's on the home stretch. Then you'll feel a little easier when you see those lovely greens on Apple's SS. Just keep working that juice Apple!

Have a great evening Caren!

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would get some tests in during the pm cycle today say at +2 to start with, to see he isn’t dropping early.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great job handling Apple's cycle!