6/11 Tiger AMPS 144;+2=75;+4=65;+5=96;+8=63;+11=47;pmps 141;+2=91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiger(GA) and Ruth, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Last Condo

Tiger's Yesterday:
    AMPS 78
    +2 =59(HC Soulistic Good Karma karo)
    +3= 45/39(HC Soulistic Good karma Karo):eek:
    +3.5=78 (HC Soulistic Good Karma)
    +5=142:oops:
    +7=83
    +10=54
    PMPS=62(12% Pumpkin lickin chickin)
    +2=123 (Core only)
    +4=63(12% Pumpkin lickin chickin)
    +6=107(Core only)
    +10=109

Tiger had her Wellness Check Tuesday. Dr.Laura called to say results are great and emailed them to me;I will update SS shortly. Due to the great discussion on this thread, I had serious concerns as to the accuracy and reliability of my 2 Relion Meters, so I requested a fructosamine be run this time. Tiger's was 301, which Dr.L thinks is great, but, wait for it, Tiger's BG was 94 :joyful:, which has never happened before! This shocked Dr.L so much she now thinks Tiger is in danger of going too low and needs her dose lowered! :D I don't blame her, I can hardly believe it myself, which is why I insisted on the fructosamine because my suspicious nature didn't trust the Relion Meters. It was a relief to learn they actually a pretty good tool in keeping my Tiger safe!

I know it doesn't look like it sometimes, but I am still following TR as best I can, however the past few days have been crazy - she was going too low for my comfort and I felt the need to drain the depot a bit. Also I have to attend the first of the two out of town funeral services in about a week and a half. Tiger will be boarded both times, but I want her to be given a token dose as they won't be testing and I really don't want her going too low. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vines to all kitties and their humans!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Reason for edit: fix typo
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Finally a Tiger condo. That magic one year mark that I've noticed has again been shown to be true with her. What beautiful numbers with lots of green and some blue. I need to take Max in for a check and will get a fructosamine too. I want to do it when he's not acting like a yo-yo though.

Sorry that you need to go to two funerals. That is always so hard but more so when out of town. :bighug:

I'd put a question mark I'm your subject bar about dosing when you are away. I don't know how to answer it. When will you be gone and for how long ? That will make a difference in your dosing. The way she is looking now I think it will need to be a significant reduction.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Ruth and Tiger! :cool: Great news on Tiger's b/w results! I too saw that thread on meters and wondered, but I typically take Neko's BG at home just before we go in for b/w. She doesn't seem to get vetty stress. Sometimes I also take the BG when we get home, then compare with the lab results. So far I've been pretty happy with what the Relion Confirms have been giving me compared to the lab results. Oh, and Neko peed just before her last trip in for urinalysis too. :rolleyes: It's like they have vetty radar.

Tiger is looking really great lately. :) I wish there was a magic one year mark thing - it sure didn't work for Neko. :oops: She was still a rainbow girl at that point.

Sorry about the funerals. :bighug: As for a petsitter dose, I'd post a few days before you leave. A lot can happen in a week's time. Are you pretty sure they'll be good at dosing 12 hours apart? I seem to remember Tricia had an issue with a previous petsitter (the vet) and proper dosing times. And as Elise mentioned, knowing how long you will be gone is important.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Tiger is doing so well and her wellness check went well. Sorry about the funerals you need to attend. I don't know about the dose either.

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Good to hear that Tiger's blood tests were great. Sorry for the circumstances for your trip.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hey, a Tiger condo!!! I was thinking I'd just been missing them all this time. ;)

Great news on the vetty results. Numbers look marvelous, too, and congrats on the reducie earned yesterday. I see you've been shooting some pretty low numbers lately, so let me be the first to award you these:

[​IMG]

I absolutely would have them shoot a reduced dose of there will be no testing while she is boarded. As others have mentioned, I'd wait until a couple of days before to decide the amount, based on the action you've been seeing lately. Have you boarded there before (ie do you know how reliable they are about shooting 12/12 and feeding properly)? I did have some bad experiences with a vet facility I used to board at, and even my wonderful petsitter, Dawn, can't quite seem to keep to my preferred schedule, so I have her shoot a reduced dose, too.

Sorry you've had a couple of losses recently. It's extra tough when they come close together - my DH had that happen last fall.

8. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to read a Tiger report. Sorry to hear about your losses :bighug:. Sure you will get good dosing advice nearer the time.

9. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Thanks, you guys are the best! This funeral is for an auntie who had end stage Alzheimer's, it was so hard on her daughter and son in law taking care of her. She was quite a character before all this happened but she was a shell of the person she used to be in the end stages...
    @tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko @Tricia & Cinco -The first trip will only be overnight, the one in July I may be gone a whole weekend. I don't want to leave her any longer at this point. I'll post again as we get closer to that date.
    @Tricia & Cinco - Thanks for the BOS lol! I have boarded her there before, they are good at adhering to a schedule, my only problem is I would have to teach the overnight person to test. I don't want Tiger to get stressed being tested by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, she had enough of that when i was learning... I remember you had problems with the boarding and petsitter. In a perfect world, there would be someone who could care for our furbabies just as we would, but I know that is impossible.

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Well, it sounds like your petsitter is dependable and if she'll shoot on schedule, that's awesome! Is she interested in learning to test? There are videos and stuff on here she can watch to learn. Just a thought. She doesn't have to learn on Tiger, but it might be useful for her to know how, just in case...

11. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

@Tricia & Cinco Thanks, this boarding service is through my vet's clinic and they have a very good reputation. They actually asked me last time if I wanted to teach the one gal to test but I was in a hurry and didn't have time. I never thought to link her to those videos, thanks for that suggestion!

12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

If she has a cat or two of her own, she could maybe practise on it, then she'd be more comfortable doing Tiger and you would have less to stress about!

Sounds like you have a great option for Tiger's care while you're gone. I know how much that helps you feel better about leaving her.

13. purrdydolly

purrdydolly Member

Sending loves :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

A Tiger condo. And so much mostly good news.

Sorry, though, about the losses.

Marilyn and Polly

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ruth :coffee::coffee::coffee:

YAY! Great to hear from you, and Tiger. I am glad that things are going well for Tiger. How cool on that 94!

I am sorry for the recent losses. That is difficult. it is good though that you have a place to board Tiger that you trust. I'd pick a dose that you are comfortable with, knowing Tigers trends. Maybe send them the links to the vids on how to test, then they can if they want. Sounds like maybe they do.

Safe travels to you. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.