? 6/12/18/Ravan/pmps340/+5 212/+9 136/amps 148/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Well that's a longer than usual stretch of bouncing Ravan! But I guess it follows since you had a longer than usual period of green/blue.
    And what do you have in mind for today?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. JoyBee&Ravan

Today I had a problem . I could not get blood from either of Ravan's ears?? His Right ear has been not used at all for over a month. Now his Left ear is not putting out blood either? I poked him at least 7 0r 8 times & squeezed his ear. I ran out of time on the meter several times.( I've been doing this for over 4 months, I warm his ear,I use Neosporin with Pain relief.I know the spot to poke to get blood. It's all not working now. What do I do?) It's hot in my house(no air conditioner) but his ears feel cold. What does that mean?

He started crying when I even touched his ears. I finally got just enough for the meter to work. By that time both Ravan & I were both crying.I even tried his paw,forget that he struggled & cried . I'm depressed & feel trapped day & night testing him. I'm just getting over Pneumonia & only getting 5 or 6 hours sleep each night.

This is all starting to feel hopeless. He's also not eating again. I have many different types of food & he's crying to eat but refusing everything.

I'm so tired of seeing green or even blue & getting all happy only to see his BG go back up to pink & even Red! Why isn't he bouncing to yellow by now. This is just going to go on & on. I'm so stressed out & Ravan little body is not responding either. Some days I just want to sleep & not get up.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

:bighug: Sorry you’re having a bad day. I have trouble getting blood from Colin’s ear some days too. I don’t know what cold ears mean, but if they are cold that may be why it was so hard. Are you still giving fluids? Dehydration can make it hard. I know it’s frustrating, but you are making progress. 4 months may seem like an eternity, but it really isn’t. I hope Ravan starts eating and you get some rest. Sorry I haven’t been around much, I’ve been tied up with my two sick boys.:( I do check on you everyday though, and see that Judy has been a big help to you.

JoyBee&Ravan and Judy and Boomer like this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

I too have times when I can't seem to get blood from Boomer's ears! I know you said you warm his ear....do you use a sock filled with rice and microwave it? I find that really helps.
    It is aggravating to see numbers go back up after a nice run of blues and greens but unfortunately that's generally the way it happens. He may have been on insulin for 4 months but it's really been only about a month when he started seeing better numbers. The bounces should get better as his body gets used to the lower numbers.

Take a deep breath. I know you're tired and still not feeling well. Ravan may be sensing that.

Do you have canned tuna? Or try warming his food up just a tad either in the microwave or by adding warm water to it. Sprinkle a wee bit of parmesan cheese on his food. Is there any chance he has nausea? Are there other medical conditions that may be affecting his appy?

I'm going to tag @Wendy&Neko again to see if Wendy has some suggestions for you.

I'm also wondering if there is another member of this board that might live near you that can perhaps offer assistance? Not sure how to go about finding out.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you tried any anti nausea meds with Ravan? I think I read on another post that you are using SEB?

Neko sometimes had cold ears, I just had to warm her ears a little longer to get a good blood drop. What guage lancet are you using? Maybe you need a slightly bigger one.

I know how frustrating it can be when the numbers don't stay down. :bighug: But if you look at the big picture of the spreadsheet, he's seeing a lot less red and hasn't seen black for a while. The over all range of colours has much improved lately.

There are ways to use the spreadsheet to give your self some freedom from testing. If his +2 or +3 is higher than the preshot number, he's not going to go in dangerous territory, so if that happens, put away the test kit until the next preshot. Give yourself, and him, a break. June 4th and 7th AM and the 2nd and 5th in the PM are good examples of cycles like that. I spent a lot of time early on, trying to find patterns in Neko's spreadsheet numbers. Look at patterns over more than just one cycle. Right now if he sees green in a cycle and is up by the following preshot, he will bounce and you can reduce the amount of testing that second cycle. Taking care of you, allows you to take care of Ravan.

JoyBee&Ravan and Judy and Boomer like this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan finally ate at 8:45 pm ,right before his shot. I don't know why but this time I got a drop of blood without a problem.

My attitude affects Ravan more than I realized. It's so difficult to be positive all the time.. Especially with his BG up so high so often.

I need to try harder & be more patient.

Thank you Judy, Sharon & Wendy.

8. Judy and Boomer

I'm happy you had success in testing and getting him to eat!
    You are doing fine! And, on some level, Ravan understands!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.