6/12 DAVIDSON PMPS 100, +3-80, +5-82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Davidson is looking sooo good!:cool::D:cool:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing last night. I'm sure Davidson will be in the lagoon in no time.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start Davidson!:bighug:

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Tnx.........

Tossing the idea about a decrease in a couple of days since Davidson maintains greens all day except at the very end and beginning of the 12 hr lasting of the insulin. That's where the blues appear, and if I increase the dose to get rid of the blues, then the greens will drop significantly and put him into a possible risk zone. I have 4 more cycles to see what he does before either a decrease or keep the same dose for now.........hmmmm.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Ah yes..............ladies golf day so Davidson pulls off one of his low numbers to keep me home. Sonofagun!!! He's too funny, and now is up but will soon be back down and for me it's better to be here testing and seeing how low he goes. I can golf later on or tomorrow or when ever, but Mr. Davidson needs me to see his low numbers so I can catch him if he goes under 40 and earns a reducie. No snacks for now, don't want to upset the tests...............

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, I got my 18 holes in as Davidson went up at +3.5 and it was his second raise in BG since +3.........came back and he's still a nice 78 @ +7.5

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Need some feedback on whether to reduce Davidson at tomorrow's AMPS..........why? He's been holding greens for the most part for the past 13 cycles with a blue here and there, but he also has gone below 50 today.

His 14 day average is 89, and his 30 day average is 95 - which is really good, I think.

It appears that at the end of the cycle is when he falls into the blues with today's exception late in the afternoon, but then without food he was 100.

If I reduce him by .25 and I see after 3 days/6 cycles there are too many blues, then I will put him back up.

Any comments from those who have the experience with 2nd round of remission, and/or aggressive TR ways

Thanks in advance,

Shawna

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tried feeding a +9 snack at night to see if it brings his AMPS numbers down? That works with some cats.

Since you are still getting those higher blue AMPS numbers, I'm not sure about reducing. He didn't go below 40, which earns a reduction for a long term diabetic.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I didint know that about the food, as I thought food “spikes” the BG readings.....I’ll have to read up on that for when he’s lower in the dosage down the road.

He’s, he’s got some higher blues, today was below 50,and needs to do that 3 times again.

Any reasons as to why the amps-seems to be in the blue? He drops into greens quickly it not sure why the end of the cycle seems to being his number up.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.