? 6/17. TiTi Black AMPS. PMPS BLACK HI Help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Only suggestion I can offer is a strict routine. T/F/S at the time the pet sitter will be doing. Do you use an auto feeder? What will the feeding schedule be with the pet sitter? Feed the same amount consistently (and same carb count as close as possible). I would hold this dose and see if, as her eating evens out, she will settle into the dose.

Will it work? Who knows... they are cats :p:smuggrin:

I hope someone else will chime in.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Did you give insulin last night? The SS is blank in the units cell.

4. Kathy and TiTi

Yes. 2.75

5. Kathy and TiTi

I think Wendy's looking at it. The problem with a strict feeding schedule is that I'm trying to get weight back on her by any means possible. If she asks, I feed her. If she doesn't ask, I feed her.

For the trip I'll be using two feeders. One for the day, one for night.

6. LizzieInTexas

Is she getting strictly LC food?

7. Kathy and TiTi

I'm not sure. She started refusing the pates, so I went to FF the chicken turkey beef group/ It has gravy, but not a lot. Mostly meat. And I am topping it with baby food. Beef, turkey, and chicken. That's why the PB is so important. I nixed all fish products, so that's an improvement.

8. Kathy and TiTi

I think it was Stacy who suggested that I feed TiTi what she will eat, and adjust the insulin dose accordingly. I really don't know if the FF poultry and beef grilled is HC. She was eating Friskie's pate, and that never messed with her BG.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  9. Kathy and TiTi

@Wendy&Neko Hi, I'm thinking you are not sure what to suggest? Do you need more data, like a curve, or what? Just tell me what you need

10. Kathy and TiTi

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You get any tests last night after PMPS? Without at least two tests per cycle, I can only guess what happened. Either she went really low and is bouncing (needs a reduction), or there is tumour activity or other condition occurring that means she needs more insulin. My recommendation is to gather data, at least two tests for each cycle. Then we can try to figure out what is happening.

12. Kathy and TiTi

Last,night I passed out. So I got zip after,pmps. You can see the day BGs, so discouraging. I'll get a +3 and a +5 or 6 tonight.

13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: And prayers

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  14. LizzieInTexas

I think the food is too high in carbs (and from what in am seeing, still way too high in phos, even with the phos binder)

http://catinfo.org/chart/index.php

Check it out on the link. As I am not sure what, exactly you are feeding.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

@LizzieInTexas is right. The grilled is high carb. I use it when Silver is low when I go to bed. That will be making a big difference to his high numbers. I'd get him back to the pate or try Friskies pate.

17. Kathy and TiTi

Friskie's pate is about 1/3 higher than Friskie's pate in phosphorus. I see the carbs in FF are at least 2 times higher than Friskie's pate in carbs. So between a rock and a hard place, because I cannot pay $1-1.50 for a 3 oz serving of wellness, etc. Her Phosphorus levels are down to normal levels, so that's good. But it does look like the FF has raised her BG. Still that can be some of the rise in BG, but it cannot possibly account for going from green and blue to black HI.

I think whole earth has better prices while offering low carb, low phosphorus in duck pate. Yes, and $27 for 24 5oz cans. It's cheaper than fancy feast.
    But will she eat it?

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  18. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Well you have to get her to eat something that is low carb or else be prepared to raise the insulin quantity to compensate. Cheaper to buy more expensive low carb food than insulin I would imagine. There's lots of things you can sprinkle on the top to encourage eating. Fortiflora, freeze dried chicken etc.

19. Kathy and TiTi

Just ordered Whole earth duck pate, and Holistic select chicken pate from Chewies.

Juliet and Beth 73 like this.
  20. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Prayers upon prayers that she will eat it, Kathy :bighug:❤️ Come on TiTi... you need to eat and momma needs to rest :bighug:

21. Kathy and TiTi

Gawd yes.

Juliet likes this.
  22. LizzieInTexas

Gizmo loves the WE Duck. Fingers crossed.

23. Kathy and TiTi

This is whole earth duck pate. I know TiTi likes the WE duck, but it's out of sight expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.