6/20. TiTI still hitting black, Dosecrease not much help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...od-arrives-wednesday-eve.197197/#post-2207175

The food I ordered? She won't touch it, so I mixed some fancy feast in with it, and then she ate. Got a lot of data by getting up a 4am for 3 days in a row, her nadir is really high. something's wrong, Maybe, as wendy said, the tumor is growing again. I don't know. It's hard to have any hope these days.

My vet tech will do very well , but she hasn't any desire to do the ear test, even though I demonstrated it. I think she's afraid of doing a bad job.

While I'm gone we need a dose that is safe. But right now, TiTi seems to be back to square 1 in her FD battle. In fact worse since she never before hit black HI. She's a brave little cat, but she's failing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

TiTi has started to eat the new food, the duck!!!!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad Titi is liking the new lower carb food.

Kathy, even though Titi's numbers are high, you really must learn to be patient. It's not safe to increase too fast or by too much. New Dose Wonkiness can influence the first few cycles, causing temporary higher numbers. You saw blues on 2.75 units and that was only 3 nights ago. You should have held the 3.0 unit dose at least 6 cycles. I know the high numbers are hard to see, but you don't want to push it and give too fast or too high an increase. Increasing to 3.5 units was too large an increase. The TR protocol is an aggressive but safe approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.