6/21 Biscuits'amps 343 R-0.25R+1 244 +2 154 +3.5 82 +7 131 +10 100 +11.5 96 pmps 107+2 152 +3.5 143

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mollycat, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Biscuits what did I say about boy wearing pink, get out of that raggy dress :eek:and get the green trunks on
    Have a great day Molly

3. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

He's already changed once, he's working on it!!

Sue and Luci and Bellasmom like this.
  4. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

He's wearing blue now!

5. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

He's wearing the green!

Sue and Luci and Tomlin like this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Way to get over that bounce Biscuits! I like seeing how he's getting over those bounces faster now. :) The 80's is still a nice safe range for him. I would hold onto this dose unless he shows signs of going quite a bit lower again.

With R today, he dropped a lot more than 100 points. Maybe it's time to see what happens if you don't give R at the beginning of the cycle and just save it for the latter half when you know he's on his way up.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice work Biscuits!! I always wait to comment on your condo because I love seeing how crazy Biscuits progress is through the day! Awesome :D

Mollycat likes this.
  8. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

I'LL do that. Thanks!

9. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

Should I give 25u. He's at 96

10. Wendy&Neko

Can you monitor tonight? Do you have high carb food around, and/or Karo or honey? Plus plenty of test strips?

11. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

Yes

12. Wendy&Neko

Always good to get a +1 and a +2 when shooting your lowest yet. That 96 late cycl was likely the Lantus double dip.

13. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

What's Lantus double dip?
    Are you around in the morning to check in? I don't have anyone to answer questions until the afternoon. His amps are lower lately and I don't always know what to do.

14. Wendy&Neko

What time is “morning”? And which time zone. Four days a week I am up at 4:30 AM PDT but out the door at 5:00 AM and not back until 7:30 AM or later around 9:09 AM on Saturday. Tomorrow is also my mother’s 97th birthday. She lives on an island so I will be gone most of the day.

A Lantus double dip is where they do a small curve down at the end of the cycle, but not as low as the main nadir. Not all cats do it.

The Sticky Note on Shooting Low should answer a lot of your questions. If you are ever nervous shooting a number, you can skip like yesterday. It will result in higher number later that cycle, but you do have R to help. Or you can try a reduced dose, but the action of the depot means the first part of the cycle might play out like shooting the full dose. Doing a reduced dose will help you learn how Biscuits reacts to it. Of course, your availing to monitor closely the cycle plays an important role. If you end up skipping too many shots on a dose, you can try lowering it a bit to see if you get numbers you are more comfortable with.

There is a saying ECID, or each cat is different. It is even more some with acrocat. You have to learn how Biscuits will respond to different situations and carbs and experimenting will help you build that knowledge base. We had one acro here called Pepper, on 25 or so units of Lantus, and his caregiver could safely shoot anything over 50, as he always went up for a while after preshot. Biscuits may be completely different because his nadirs are earlier.

15. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

I'm in Ohio. I shoot am at 0730. Eastern Time zone. I'll look at the information again.
    Thank you!

16. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

And happy birthday to your mom!!!

17. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi! No help to offer for anything, but wanted to say job well done on those numbers! He came down nicely. :) I hope you get rest!

18. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

Thanks!! And yes, I will.

19. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Look at Biscuits go!!! I'm so happy to see how far he's come - you're doing a great job Molly! I don't get to visit the board like I used to - but Biscuits is looking like he's getting the idea! Great to see him hitting that lagoon :)