6/22/18/Ravan/amps185/+4 417/+9 497/pmps470/+5 277/+8 159/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Well it looks like he's on the way up in a bounce but only Ravan knows! Are you able to get another test in before you go out?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. JoyBee&Ravan

Is he always going to bounce so High? Will it ever be just yellow when he bounces?

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Yes it will be. At some point. He's bouncing so much because he's not yet used to blues and greens AND he's dropping a huge amount.
    He came down from 485 to 99 in 5 hours and that's a heck of a drop. Do you feed anything during that time? If you don't, I would start giving some food at +2 or +3 to slow down the drop. If you already feed and he's dropping anyways, perhaps give him something with a little more carbs in it.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan is 16 yrs old He has been feed several times a day all his life. It's been 5 months,& every time I do a reduction he goes back to high numbers. It's like starting over each time.
    How's he ever going to get used to low numbers?

His amps was blue he's never gone to red after a blue shot. It feels like his bg is getting worse!

6. Judy and Boomer

I know it's frustrating; we've all been there! Just take it one day at a time; that's all you can do with FD. Next time he gives you a very high PS number, I would suggest getting a +2 and maybe a +3 test to see if you can catch when he start the drop. And then feed him at that time or, if you already do, then perhaps feed him a little bit higher in carb. I believe it's these humongous drops that are setting him up for the horrible bounces. @Wendy&Neko do you see anything different in Ravan's ss?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

Isn't the Symogyi effect from too Much insulin? Bg falls rapidly Then the release of hormones causes an increase.

Going from 485 to 99 in 5 hrs? Since I increased to 1.25 he's back getting a lot of red #'s even some black.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

Can someone here help? Is this someone from this forum?
    I received an Email from "Chris Ronkoski "stating I now own Ravan's spreadsheet

I don't know who this is or what they're talking about?

9. Judy and Boomer

@Chris & China ?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, it's me

I must have set up your spreadsheet when you first got here. I went through my older spreadsheets on Google Drive and noticed I hadn't changed it to make you the owner, so figured I'd go ahead and do it since you know what you're doing now!

The only thing the "owner" can do that an "editor" can't do is delete the spreadsheet. When people are brand new, I usually wait a few days until they understand what they're doing and then make them the owner of their own spreadsheets

I just forgot to do it sooner on yours and noticed it yesterday

JoyBee&Ravan and Judy and Boomer like this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Symogyi effect does not occur in cats using Lantus insulin and raised and lower in safe amounts as you have been doing. I am out of town or would give you the link to the research paper showing this. Bounces can be fast by dropping a lot in a short period of time.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Ok Ravan, let’s get rid of that bounce today, time to get off that trampoline, hope he’s sees some blues and greens today:bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.