? 6/24. TiTi hitting green after a no-shot last night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Better a day too high than a moment too low. I would err on the side of safe. 2U would also allow a bit of cushion for not eating well while you were gone too.

I sure wish your pet sitter would at least attempt to test. :nailbiting:

Look at 06/15-06/20. She ran high(er). She did ok at those levels. That was 5 days.

You leave Monday? And return Friday?:bighug:

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  3. Kathy and TiTi

I return Saturday.
    Tuesday thru Friday are full days away. Monday and Saturday are half days.

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I agree with @LizzieInTexas - I think its very odd that a vet tech of all people will not attempt it. I am hoping to train my 75 year old pet sitter and she is at least willing to try. When I was away for a week in November last year though - Silver was newly diagnosed and his levels were all over the place but he was on such a low dose - I just halved it and let her shoot blind. For four days I would at least halve it - so he may run high for a few days - its not even a full week - he will be fine. You can then get back to normal dosing when you return. I would not give any more than half his current dose if she is shooting blind. ie - if it were MY cat - I would not give more than 1.5u. You can fix it when you get back. Better too high for four days and you have a stressfree time away - then cutting it too close and you worry the whole time.

5. Kathy and TiTi

Eh, those were days spent in black and bouncing. I don't know how many of them she has in her.

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Black isnt great - but better than lime green.

Kathy and TiTi and Sonia & Leo like this.
  7. Kathy and TiTi

My pet sitter knows nothing about diabetes care thru the FDMB. And I don't know if TiTi would allow her to test

8. Kathy and TiTi

I return Saturday.
    Tuesday thru Friday are full days away. Monday and Saturday are half days.

Naturally TiTI is not eating today.

9. Kathy and TiTi

I'm really scared. This was bad luck to have the Denver training at this point.
    My pet sitter has to work a full day, then she has another pet sitting job, and then TiTi.
    I need to start packing. I have a list so it should be a simple task.

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

So hard to say since pet sitter can't test but I always remember what Sandy said: "Better a day too high than an hour too low"

11. Kathy and TiTi

Yes.
    It's alarming that after a no shot PMPS, she went straight to green after AMPS.

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like the acro tumor is taking a siesta.

13. Kathy and TiTi

According to Wendy, the tumor sometimes shrinks.

14. Kathy and TiTi

Thing about my sitter is she almost turned me down. She's really busy, so I did not want to push her. Mornings she'll be here at 6am. Evenings around 7pm. I moved TiTi's shot back to 7. It's too bad about the hour difference, but it cannot be helped. I have 4 pages of specific and bulleted lists of all her chores, and it's a ton of work.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  15. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I'm sorry but TiTi is a cat. I love Silver to bits but if he needs tested he needs tested. Permission not necessary. Any vet tech worth their salt can test even the most wriggling of cats.

16. Kathy and TiTi

I very much appreciate most of your suggestions and help, but please cease this particular topic. I am under the gun, and stressed to the max. My cat sitter will do what she does.

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Since you have to leave so soon, reducing her to 2.0 units may be the safest dose. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Kathy and TiTi

Yes, I agree.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  19. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

It so scary to leave them in someone else’s care. Safe travels. Titi behave and stay safe while your bean is away.

20. LizzieInTexas

Good luck with your training. TiTi will be ok. I am sure of it. Try and not worry. I think 2.0U is a good compromise.

If you get a chance to do a quick post/update during the week, please do so. Lots of us here care :bighug::)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  21. carfurby (GA)

Sending prayers for you and TiTi this week.

22. Kathy and TiTi

I surely will. I'm going to call my,pet sitter ronight

23. Kathy and TiTi

Long talk with my sitter. TiTi's sitting on my bed, and as of 6:30pm not eating much. By 9pm last night she started scarfing down everything in sight, until midnight. Then she slept until 6:30am, when I had to get up anyway

So I'll find out tomorrow whether or not she ate. It's weird that Nicky delivers all the pills., measures out the insulin, rubs gel on her ears, has no trouble with subq s, but feels odd about the ear. I'll talk her thru it, if TiTi stops eating, because that might lower her BG precipitously. She was very grateful to get the 4 pages of instructions. She's a treasure.

Sue and Luci and LizzieInTexas like this.
  24. carfurby (GA)

I hope TiTi ate more. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

25. Kathy and TiTi

Liz, I wrote a long update last night. Did it,not,go out?

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  26. LizzieInTexas

Yes, I see It. I posted before you did. How is it going? Almost 1/2 over with :bighug:

27. Kathy and TiTi

Well, Thank goodness, just as TiTi did with me, she ate all her food in her bowl, but just nibbled at her feeder. So I am highly encouraged

28. Kathy and TiTi

Oh. Forgot to say. Your email reminded me how y'all do care about my TiTi.
    I really miss all my animals. Seems so lonely without them. Meeting nice people here though. Training is going well.

29. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad the training is going well. Often cats will revert to eating more at night at less during the day during stressful times. I'm sure Titi misses you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.