6/27 Vyktor AM 216 +4 139 +6 101 PM 133 +2 137 +5 128 / Purrdy AM 90 +3 122 +6 194 PM 295 +4 259

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Last time

I keep promising myself I'll do better at posting updates, and then I get worse :oops: I've been lurking some evenings but too tired to post most of the time, but I'm here now :woot:

Vyktor
    Vyktor is in his losing it phase again :rolleyes: he's had two increases this week (now on 1.25u). His mouth is always prime suspect when this happens but I'm still getting plenty of food into him and it doesn't appear to be too painful for him to eat. He has been having a minor issue with his eyes being a little mucky. I don't think there's infection so I'm just treating with salt water at the moment. He's also been having a pretty tough time with his poops lately - marching up and down yowling for a couple of hours before getting down to business and then falling in the lb. No constipation though and daily Zener massage is keeping him regular. I guess the cause of the higher numbers doesn't really matter so much, we will just continue to follow the numbers.

He hasn't grown to like his ramp any better but we persevere, his little legs are still holding up, and most importantly we've been having plenty of quality love in time :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Purrdy
    Purrdy's also had a couple of increases but apparently has decided he doesn't want anymore. He threw Mum quite the pj party last night - PMPS 146 +3 56 (HC) +4 59 (HC) +5 61 +6 56 (HC)+8.5 47 (HC) +9.5 52 (HC) +10.5 67 (HC). She had to shoot half an hour late waiting for the carbs to wear off this morning and he was still only 90 :D:D:D. Mum is enjoying the bounce tonight and is (I hope) sleeping soundly :smuggrin:

Grossness warning... Somewhere around +6 last night her civvy (Dolly) threw up. She had been sleeping in her little bed on top of the sideboard and the vomit went over the edge on to the floor. Purrdy is most keen on hot food so he raced over to clean up the evidence. Unfortunately for him Dolly wasn't quite finished so she vomited on his head LOL!

Snailies
    So many baby snailies - one nest hatched and the most I saw in the visible areas at any one time (there are a lot of places to hide) was about 12. Then, just as those guys are transitioning from babies into little snails another nest has hatched and there are babies everywhere again. The count was up to at least 26 when I stopped trying to keep track. They are unbelievably cute!

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth - shhhh don't tell anyone but Mr Snaily is quite the mountaineer. When he comes out for a walk I put him on my shoulder. From there he climbs up my neck, over my ear, across my forehead, and then into my hair and to the top of the bun I often wear. I must say that any skin he slimes over does feel very soft after it dries, it's not such a good look for my hair though teeheehee

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  2. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

So good to see you!!
    Love your reports:cat:
    I hope Vyktor feels better:bighug::bighug:

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Serryn,

I hope that Vyktor will hang in there and get out of his present "phase". Sending all sorts of beautiful summer vines for whatever ails him.
    Too much on Purrdy's "adventure" with Dolly's vomit!:p Your poor mum!

I guess it's winter for you now. Is that when the smails hatch? Is summer there too hot for them? I can picture you walking with Snaily on your head.

Here a mama dear is bringing her new fawns to our garden to sample all the goodies there. And right now I can hear a baby Raven calling for food. It's raining and we cancelled the paddle we were supposed to lead today because severe thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon. Bummer!

Great to see Vyktor's and Purrdy's condo.
    Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Great to see a report. Yikes on Dolly barfing on Purrdy....that had to have been quite an eye-opener :nailbiting:! I hope the poops get easier for Vyktor!

I'd love to see a picture of the baby snailies!!

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Good to see a report for Vyktor and Purrdy! They are quite the pair. Sorry about Dolly's vomit... Purrdy, watch out!
    Liz

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Vyktor feels better soon and gets back on track. Poor Purrdy. I'd like to see pictures of the snailies too.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I've been wondering how things were going. Thanks for the update.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice to see you Serryn and sorry about the increase for Vyktor. And yuck for poor Purdy. Hope your mom enjoys the bounce tonight.
    What is Zener massage?

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Scritches out to sweet little Vyktor. He sounds like such a trooper. I'm glad you are getting food into him. Does the acupuncture help his legs?

Umm Purrdy - that is beyond gross. :eek::stop:

The snails do sound cute. How big (small) are the babies?

10. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Vyktor, you are such a trooper. Keep on trooping!

OK, sorry, I'm laughing at Purrdy's adventure in gluttony. Hope he settles down into a comfy dose for your mum.

Snails. I'm on the pictures please wagon too.

Marilyn and Polly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.