6/28 Disco AMPS 255/+2 286/+9.75 152/+11.25 64/+11.75 44/+12 43. Skipped

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Jun 28, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/27: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-82-pmps-56-5-83-1-5-78-3-25-93-photo.231555/

Disco had an uneventful day until +11 when he dropped to 64, but I still wasn't too concerned, but the 44 @ +11.75 was a surprise. Gave him 1 tsp MC @ 64 and thought I'd maybe have to stall. Fed him 2 tsps of HC @ 44 and 3 tsp HC at 43 at +12. He only got up to 45 @ +12.25 so gave him 3 tsp HC w/small squirt of frosting.

Need hand-holding, advice, remind me to breathe...

Update: 46 @ +12.5, gave another 3 tsp HC w/frosting. In 15 min will be 1 hour behind time for usual dose. Still stalling, wondering if I'll need to skip

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Terri, that's a lot of HC intervention without much bump in numbers. If it were me, I think I would skip. But please keep checking the pm cycle, he's still not in safe territory.

3. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Thx for jumping in! Yes, as the 15 min increments go by with just a creeping up, I am testing every 15 min and am I think wise to skip, too.

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Breathe and have a squirt of frosting or something stronger yourself but keep the frosting handy in case it is needed. Disco has a tendency to keep going down.

I've little advice (I've no personal experience with late nadir cats) but it seems to me that propping him up most cycles in order to shoot means you get very little sleep.
    Keep testing and see if he is heading up, though it will hard to tell with MC, HC, and frosting (lucky guy) on board.

5. Red & Rover (GA)

If the numbers aren't budging, if it were my cat, I'd skip.

6. Red & Rover (GA)

7. Christie & Maverick

Teri, what's the percent carbs? 3 tsps each time plus frosting should have kicked him up. I wouldn't be shooting in this situation, numbers are still not above 50 and with *quite* a lot of intervention. Any numbers in the near future that may appear *shootable* is heavily carb affected.

8. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

I feel like I've seen this Disco Dance before-
    stay safe there ; no shenanigans ;)

9. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

13% Sheba Purrfect Portions Roasted Chicken and Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Salmon Feast for the last 2 feeds

Si am cat mom likes this.
  10. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Yikes Disco! Keeping mama busy tonight! I would skip if it were my cat, seems like it’s taking a lot to get Disco up to safer numbers:eek:

11. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Yes! Instead of Saturday Night Fever, it's Sunday Night this time!

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  12. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Yes, I'm skipping, up to 68 @ 12.75, we are about to test @ +13 now

Sarah and Blaze and thebigfuzz like this.
  13. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

At least it's early here, not even 9pm yet!

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  14. Christie & Maverick

Those would be technically MC, my recollection is HC over 15% carb. Where are we at now?

15. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

+13 64, am going to feed him his regular dinner of raw and adding 3 tsp FF Gravy Lovers to it. I couldn't recall the % of FF Gravy Lovers but thought it was HC

Note: I am going to order some 15% as the highest I have is 14%. My notes say FF Grilled beef/liver, chick feast and chick/beef are 15% and Purrfect Portions Cuts Tuna/Shrimp 15% and Trout 16%. Any other suggestions on other foods?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  16. Christie & Maverick

No worries, Some gravy lovers are HC, just depends on the variety. So as I mentioned, this number would be elevated due to the recent higher carbs. He's staying flat since your last test, but I'd be cautious with shooting this number, he might be up for a lot of extra testing and intervention if you do shoot, and you are off your schedule, so you'd have to adjust tomorrow. I can't stay up with you, he may start a bounce, not sure, but since I can't be up with you, and given what I noted, if it were me I'd skip.

17. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

I'm skipping, just fed him his dinner... And just to confirm, as I am skipping, I can start tomorrow at his usual 7:30am, right and a reducie to 3.5?

18. Christie & Maverick

Yes, no worries on shooting usual time then, and with reducie to 3.5u. Hope Disco keeps out of trouble tonight, he sure is a little trickster.

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I had some Weruva Grandma’s Chicken Soup (21% and low phosphorus) in the cupboard, just in case.

One other thing, it typically takes 20-30 minutes from the carbs to go from the plate to the bloodstream. ECID. Testing every 15 minutes if in the 40’s won’t tell you what he’s doing.

Been over a month since Disco has done this. Guess he wanted to remind you who is in charge.:rolleyes: The 60 point drop to +10.5 would have sent off alarm bells

20. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

The beef Gravy Lovers is the highest of the "gravy lovers" Fancy Feast at 20%

The entire line of FF Medley's "Tuscany" are 20-22%

21. Christie & Maverick

The FF medleys Tuscany variety is 20%, I keep a few cans on hand of that, just in case.

22. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Hi! Yes the 92 @ +10.5 should have concerned me more! Just to clarify, the low numbers sticky says:
    • Repeat the above steps every 15 – 20 min. until your cat tests in the 50 mg/dL (2.8 mmol/L) or above range for 2 consecutive tests. Continue to feed in small amounts to keep numbers in a safe range.
    So if at 92, I fed him some MC or HC and he moved up, would I then have to wait the 2 hours no food before doing a PMPS?

23. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Thanks so much for this info, I am adding to my notes and to my cupboard!

24. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Whew! What an evening you had! Hope Disco doesn't shoot up into the stratosphere today! :bighug:

25. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Gourmet Beef Feast in Gravy 20% High Carbs

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Gourmet Chicken Feast in Gravy. 15% Med Carbs

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Turkey Feast in Gravy. 15% Med Carbs

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Chicken and Beef Feast in Gravy 15% Med Carbs

26. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Thanks for this info. I have reviewed Dr Pierson food file, too (wish it was in alphabetical order though) and have made some more notes on other FF varieties as well as other brands I'm comfortable feeding in addition to the FF.