? 6/28,Leo,amps 302, +4=111, +5=143, pmps 404 +3=435 need help with dosing/syringes

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Leocat, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Leocat

Leocat Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-3-384-need-help-with-dosing-syringes.231531/

Good day everyone,

I need advices regarding dosage.. And syringes ...
    so far we changed 3 types of syringes, from now on will use BD 0,3 ml with 1/2 units...
    yesterday we tried 1.5 ui but the low bs numbers and the big bounce scared me... what can I do to avoid bouncing and keep his numbers in a good range ... he eats ff pate low carb

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

If you are using Lantus, the U100 0.3 ml syringes with 1/2 unit markings are the ones to use.

If you are using SLGS method Leo earned a reduction in dose down to 1.25 Units which you took as he dropped under 90 during the am cycle yesterday..
    Then he bounced because his body is not used to low normal numbers anymore and his body thinks the higher numbers are the normal numbers. It is only be letting him go down to the normal numbers so that he can get used to them that you will be able to reduce the bouncing.
    Bounces last from 1 to 6 cycles and there is nothing you can do once they have started but wait them out.
    You would have been better leaving him on 1.25 units this morning.
    Keep feeding him the low carb food. Are you giving him snacks during the day and night?
    If you follow the SLGS method you will get better results. If you are unsure, always post and ask advice.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  3. Leocat

Leocat Member

Hello Bron,

thanks for reply,
    I am using Lantus U100, and am doing the SLGS method ...today even if I gave him 1 ui he went down to 111, will check in 1 h to see if he keeps dropping although I fed him 1% carb pate after measuring, might be due the Lantus deposit?
    I feed him and his brother meals at 3-4 hours on daytime and one last meal at midnight then I let wet food in plates and 10-15 g of dry food porta 21 in a separate plate which usually is not eaten ... around 5 am I’m up and pick the food left then he gets the meal before shoot around 9

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

The depot from the 1.5 will still be in play so that would have influenced the number even though you shot 1 unit.
    Can you update Leo’s SS please?
    If you want to stick with 1 unit, you will need to hold the dose for 7 days on SLGS.
    Dropping from 362 to 111 is quite a drop so I’m glad you are testing again,
    Can you post the next BG please?

5. Leocat

Leocat Member

At +5 is 143, 1 hour after food.. should I keep 1 ui or 1.25 or an above line 1 ui ?
    This coming week I won’t be home during the Nadir time maybe after +8 from his shoot so not sure if is safe to give him a dose that could drop him too much ...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would go back to 1.25 units and hold it for 7 days unless Leo drops under 90 in which case you would reduce the dose to 1 unit.
    After a week do a curve and then you will know if you should increase or hold the dose.
    I’m really glad to see you get a before bed test in each night. If the before bed test is much lower than the preshot I would set the alarm and test again to make sure the BG hasn’t dropped further.
    He’s gorgeous btw!

7. Leocat

Leocat Member

Ok, thanks for advice, I’ll keep monitoring and probably will go back on 1.25 ui, hope to find the good dose for him... he’s a gentle boy

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.