6/28 Moe: AMPS=275;+3=144;+5=122;+7=106;+9=87;PMPS=83;+3=138

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Jun 28, 2020.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-150-3-105-6-5-150-9-268.231534/#post-2589883

Day 16 cabergoline trial

Good morning. Starting at 275 today. I’m not sure why Moe’s BG jumped so high yesterday afternoon...perhaps he went quite low overnight Friday/Saturday and yesterday’s nice blue start was actually a rise from that? At any rate, I’m continuing to hold at 7 units because it seems like he wants to go lower on this dose.

Back to work tomorrow after last week’s COVID scare. Hours are 8-3:30, and the first week of July we will back on full 10 hour days from 7-5:30. DH is learning to test but will have to be prodded to do it. I am worried about Moe dropping low while I am gone...DH doesn’t seem to notice when a cat is acting “off” so testing is a must.

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday and kitties are well.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yep, 'acting off' can't be the litmus test for when kitty is going too low... I'm so glad he's willing to learn to test. Tell him that my DH does it...has been since the beginning. It'll get easier and easier as time passes. And you said that he already has helped sick kitties in the past...so he's got the heart for it. Just a little practice and he'll be good to go. It's so much easier when there are two testers available in the house.

I'm glad he's feeling better too! Thankfully it wasn't that awful virus!!

I hope Moe continues to slide down today...he and Luci are sharing that high spot in the lemon tree this morning!

Have a good day Erin!

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I hope Moe comes on down
    Have a great day Erin

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues yesterday. I hope Moe heads back down today.

5. Erin and Moe (GA)

144 at +3. That’s my good boy.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I hope that's not as low as he goes today. It looks like he just isn't going into greens at all on this dose. Maybe once you get DH testing, you could increase by 0.25 units, to at least try to rid of some of the pinks you see on this dose. Ideally you'd like him to spend the majority of time under renal threshold, and he's not there with 7.0 units.

Moe is probably building some glucose toxicity from lack of green numbers lately and he bounced from that 105 yesterday, hence the higher numbers.

7. Erin and Moe (GA)

Creeping down a little more, 122 at +5. I want DH to be comfortable testing and to understand what the numbers mean before I change the dose again. Especially since Moe seems to be trending generally down. DH doesn’t stalk Moe and check on him every hour like I do. ;) It seems like Moe could get unpredictable really fast while he’s on caber.

@Wendy&Neko you mention the renal threshold frequently. What is that number and what does it mean exactly?

8. Erin and Moe (GA)

9. Erin and Moe (GA)

First green in over a week. 87 at +9. Woo hoo!! :D

10. Wendy&Neko

Renal threshold is the point at which sugar spills into the urine. It means the kidneys have to do extra work, so being above renal threshold is hard on kidneys. Acromegaly by itself is hard on kidneys, many acros end up with kidney issues, so staying below renal threshold will help Moe in the longer term. The renal threshold point is ECID, typically somewhere high 100’s to low/mid 200’s. You can use ketodiastix to figure it out or I tested Neko’s BG before every urinalysis and eventually found it was around 330 with her.

11. Erin and Moe (GA)

53 at +11. Fed Moe a little bit of LC Friskies to slow the drop.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Erin and Moe (GA)

PMPS = 83. Gave 7 units. Might be a pj party tonight. :woot:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Susan & Claudio and Sonia & Leo like this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

Nice Moe! :D And Erin. :)

14. Erin and Moe (GA)

15. Erin and Moe (GA)