6/29//Ravan/+5 456/pmps535/+2 348/+4 210/+8 97/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Reason for edit: add
    Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

HC typically lasts two hours. That AMPS should be true.

Surf safe today Ravan.:cool:

JoyBee&Ravan and Judy and Boomer like this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Beautiful start for Ravan! Yes please test at +2.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

Looks like he's headed for a bounce!
    I keep looking at his SS. June 10th was the Best. But i did not expect the pmps of 70 (he always has High Bg at pmps.)
    How can I predict what he's going to do ? His BG jumps all over.

Could the +2 290 be high because of the HC food?

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I think that is pure trampoline aerobatics at work there!

He likes to clear those bounces in big fashion doesn't he. Do you have some higher carb food around? Not high carb just a % or two higher than his normal food?

I would of been tempted to give him something (a tsp of like 7-9%) at dinner yesterday. You can see he went from black to pink (skipped red) and went right to blue (skipped pink) to green. That tsp at dinner yesterday might of kept him up higher overall but the idea is that he would of coasted to the blue AMPS, then you can shoot again without that big bounce. Just an idea. You can play with % and how much. Just document on the comments section and it will help you see if it works better for you.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  6. JoyBee&Ravan

@Tracey&Jones

Don't like no Trampoline or Roller coaster either!!:mad:

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll go out today & get the mid range carb food.
    Ravan was raised on a raw meat diet He stopped eating his raw meat a year ago? Lately I'm happy that he is again eating raw , along with the canned food recommended.
    I did mix some FF gravy lovers into his FF classic this am at +2 He was losing weight for a while so i feed him whenever he wants.Several times a day.

I'll try giving the 7-9% at dinner time.

Thanks again!

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Hope it works and helps with the weight gain...I have a skinny .... kitty myself and I keep telling him to eat!

8. JoyBee&Ravan

@Tracey&Jones
    No, he was losing weight. Ravan has never been overweight. That's why I was worried about him losing. He's OK now not fat.

Things I've used to get my Other cat to eat. Paws CBD oil for pets & Slippery elm. A few drops of Paws in a bit of baby food & my skinny Peggy Sue eats real good.(munchies!)I give it in a feeding syringe.

Sometimes I see her nibbling grass Then I figure her tummy is upset I'll give 1/2 cap Slippery in baby food & the next day she eats good. (feeding syringe )

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Jones is on CBD oil again and he has been getting SEB pill every night for about a month. He was not fat before the pancreatitis/IBD/FD that cropped up a couple years ago.

He is stable but he is still very skinny. By the time we got him stable with everything he went from 5.75kg (12.6lbs) to 4 kgs (8.8 lbs) he lost a lot of muscle mass that hasn't returned. Jones was able to go back up to 5.1kgs (11lbs) but has slipped back to 4.5kgs (9.9 lbs). He just had a dental and I hoping that he will gain back weight now that he is healed up from that.

He is on a list of meds and supplements.

I actually get grass every once in awhile for my kitties to chew on. I have two that love it and two that ignore it.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  10. JoyBee&Ravan

@Tracy&Jones
    I order Organic seeds on the internet. Oats,barley & wheat grass. I also buy Organic dirt. I put it in pots all over the house.
    My cats smell it & go outside & eat the crummy grass there!! Go Figure?:p (when you said you get grass i thought you meant the other kind!:woot:)

I became vegetarian 16 yrs ago so i could afford to feed my cats Raw meat. I don't feel Dairy products are good for us or our animals!I was diagnosed with a heart blockage 2 yrs ago. I refused an angiogram & stents.
    I started exercising, & Yoga. Lost 15 lbs & most important i stopped eating all dairy, Especially cheese! (I LOVE Cheese!) I don't take any meds at all & I can walk on the treadmill 4 mph for 2 miles,without getting out of breath!(I'm 71)

Here a website that helped my kitties https://draxe.com/slippery-elm-for-pets/

Maybe it could help?

11. JoyBee&Ravan

@Tracey&Jones

I was just looking at Jones SS, he's taking a lot of meds, I know that can affect their eating. My other cat Peggy Sue,had some problem with pooping a few weeks ago. I almost ran her to the emergency clinic at 2 AM.
    She started crying & open mouth breathing. I remembered about the Slippery Elm & mixed a cap in baby food & water & gave it to her in a syringe. (She had calmed down before i gave it) She slept thru the night .Next day had a normal BM. Ever since then i give her the Slippery Elm about 2 or 3 times a week.
    She hasn't had a problem since. When you have time please read the article about Slippery Elm. It's said to heal & soothe the digestive tract & a lot of other good things. I try real hard to stay away from Pharmaceuticals. Too many side effects. ( I know a lot of people don't agree )

Why is Jones taking CBD & hemp oil? I thought they were the same thing?

Reason for edit: correct
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

+5 456 Here we go again BIG bounce!

13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Holy cow...even though it would be legal to grow here pretty soon...no....I don't get that kind of grass. LOL......

I get the wheatgrass from our local organic store. Good clean grass.

He is. Unfortunately with the IBD we have found that we can't seem to drop anything down. We tried...dropped the Cerenia to every second day and he just vomited every second day. Tried to take out the metronidazole and he will have diarrhea within a day. I have been able to take that down from the original dose of a whole pill a day to 1 pill a day. I do a regular stint of reducing it further but he still gets gooey poo.

The prednisolone, to me, is the worst of them. We did go down but he didn't respond well to it and ended up putting him back up.

He is on SEB and has been on it for awhile and it has helped a lot but he can't seem to get off the other medications for long. Will try again when he seems stable and gaining weight back again.

He will not touch raw food - I tried several times.

Not really from my understanding and research. Hemp oil is made from pressing the seeds of the hemp plant. CBD is made from the stalk, leaves and flowers of the hemp plant. Hemp oil contains a minimal amount of CBD. I had him on both when I realized through research they are not the same and there is a lot of charlatans out there that will confuse you on the topic. (Buyer beware I found out). So I stayed with just the CBD oil. I am really not sure if his turn around lately is due to the CBD, the dental where we removed a broken tooth or the SEB. I am just going with it for now and if it continues I may try again with reducing the western medication and stick to the organic supplements.

14. Judy and Boomer

And there he goes. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  15. JoyBee&Ravan

@Tracey&Jones

I don't mean to be a pest but did you have time to read the info on Slippery Elm? https://draxe.com/slippery-elm-for-pets/
    Slippery Elm Benefits (just a few of the benefits)
    • Improves Constipation, Bloating, Diarrhea and Issues with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Slippery elm seems to improve symptoms of constipation and IBS. ...
    • Aids in Weight Loss. ...

I use CW Paws Hemp Extract It's made by the Stanley Bros." Charlotte's Web is a high-cannabidiol, low-tetrahydrocannabinol Cannabis extract marketed as a dietary supplement under federal law of the United States. It is produced by the Stanley brothers in Colorado."

I trust they make an excellent product. When my cat stopped eating i gave her 3 drops of this oil in a bit of baby food in a feeding syringe. It worked great. She was eating fine the next day. I still give it to her 2 or 3 times a week. I try to give the least amount of anything. Just so it works.

16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

We still can't ship hemp product into Canada...it is not guaranteed to make it through customs based upon what I read. A lot of suppliers will not ship to Canada period.

Jones does get Slippery Elm Bark SEB - he gets his "pill" every night.

17. JoyBee&Ravan

Any thoughts on his continued high bg would be appreciated. He's been getting Black #'s for 2 weeks.

Why isn't he bouncing in yellow or even Pink?

18. Judy and Boomer

19. JoyBee&Ravan

If your blood sugar continues to be very high, your pancreas kind of poops out and stops making insulin, which makes your blood sugar even higher,

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Reason for edit: add
  20. JoyBee&Ravan

Found this in an old post on this Forum by Dyana

Bounces all over the place can be from too much insulin, but sometimes cats just bounce because they have a strong liver. Most cats stop bouncing after awhile, once they are on a dose that doesn't freak out their liver.

21. JoyBee&Ravan

I gave a spoon of food at each test,trying to slow bounce. it's 5:30 am now I won't offer food till after amps

22. Judy and Boomer

Even at +2 he had already dropped almost 200 points!
    This is an unusual suggestion I think and others can maybe offer ideas but perhaps when his PS # is high (I would say anything pink or higher) give a tsp of medium carb food at +1 (and then test at +2) since he likes these very dramatic drops from high numbers.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.