6/30 Meme AMPS 160 +4 58 +5 67, PMPS 124 ( switched to Levemir-need quick look at SS)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rawia, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-25-meme-amps-140-need-little-help.196064/#post-2195360

Hi all :bighug:,

I switched to Levemir a few days ago and i think it is much better than Lantus for Meme now, she stayed on green in between PS, her PS still little high but hope it comes down with time. Today we had an AMPS of 160 as she at a lot of dry food 3 hours before her shot from kitten bowel :facepalm:.

I read that Levemir has late nadir but with Meme it hits early just like Lantus on +3 and +4. She is dropping to 50’s many times and i am wondering of this os ok or i have should started with a drop dose and not 0.1!!!

If anyone has experience with Levemir can take a quick look at her SS i will be appreciated, i need to know if everything is ok as i am new to this insulin.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The first few cycles after the switch, you have the Lantus depot diminishing, as well as the Levemir depot building. They aren't the best for determining what the Lantus action will look like. Now that you've been at this a few days, you can gather data on Lev for Meme.

Did you change the feeding schedule at all?

Some cats on Lev still onset and nadir fairly early. I would focus first on trying to determine when the onset and nadir are. Get some +2 and +3 test to see if you can figure out the onset. Some Lev kitties drop a lot at onset so if Meme is one of those, you'll have to test more around then. There isn't enough data yet to figure out when nadir times might be. My Neko didn't have a "nadir time", it moved around a lot on Lev.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. rawia

rawia Member

No, i did not change her feeding schedules, she eats every 6 or 5 hours, but if i fed her at +3 the numbers jump up and not going down like with Lantus, that is what i noticed so i stopped feeding her at +3.

I did not know that i need more data as i thought that it will be one nadir time just like Lantus which i safely taking only two tests through the cycle.

Lantus was very good for Meme but recently he numbers never goes down and she stays almost in blue even with higher dose that what was the reason i switched to Levemie as many people her has better experience with it.

I hope that i made a good chice.

So i will take more tests as you suggested to be more helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.