6/4/16 Smokey--AMPS 345; +5=301; PMPS 306; +3=289

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterdays Mews

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...11-166-pmps-285-2-5-269-4-207-5-5-177.158880/

Nothing new on this dreary day.

So disheartening looking for food that's acceptable. Companies changing the formula and you have no idea. What was once acceptable no longer is. I remember Sheba telling me the beef was around 2.5% about a year ago but now when I use 2 different calculators it's 11%. They don't give you answers.

Don't they realize the market they are missing? If they would just post it on their website or cans I'm sure their sales would skyrocket.

2. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Very nice cycles for Smokey lately Paula. Hope he comes down again soon :bighug:

Olive & Paula likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It drives me crazy too. I email companies all the time and only a few respond. Another pet peeve is those who only offer food in 5.5oz cans:mad:
    I've been sulking in my soup lately wanting Doodles & Moo to be kittens again so I can have a second chance. They would both only be eating homemade food.

Hope you were able to find some good stuff that Smokey likes and he comes down safely today.

4. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

I really don't get it either! Not just for diabetics, but also for kitties with food allergies. I just wish they would do a better job labeling food and making it clear to customers when the formula changes.

Olive & Paula likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

IKR. If Tripper ever becomes diabetic or kidney/renal failure, I'm up s**t creek. She only eats dry (at least it's EVO and YA now) and occasionally wet, Purina One SmartBlend beef, only a tsp if that. At least it's 5% carbs.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  6. Doodles & Karen

I just ordered Waggers Tender Moist Chicken which is a soft kibble and claims 30% moisture and comparable carbs to EVO. Just put civie Moo on timed feeding in hopes o increase her wet food intake too. She has urinary crystals now :(

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Smoke keeps heading down for you. Good luck on the food search. I wish the companies cared more.

8. Olive & Paula

Hopefully after another day or two he will come down to some yellows and flatten out, then the blues. Wouldn't that be nice.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  9. Olive & Paula

I can't tell if there is sugar or sweeteners in it. One of their products has carrageenans (noted in the FAQ) but it's not on the ingredient list. So I wonder what else isn't listed. Let me know home yours like it.

10. Doodles & Karen

The FAQ states it's in their Treats but you're right..not listed in the ingredients. Think I'll give them a call this week. There are very few pet foods that don't have carrageenans. Even brands like Wellness which are low P have it :mad::mad: ZiwiPeak is the only food that doesn't have ingredients that Doodles is allergic to.

I'll let you know how it goes...

11. Olive & Paula

12. Doodles & Karen

I have. Tested out the Beef, Venison & Bison which Doodles ate good a few times. Ordered a case and guess what....he won't eat it now :mad::mad: Below are the values they sent me...looks like a very good food. "Pea fiber & dried peas" is the only ingredient not so good for Doodles. There's always something on the list so I pick the battles.

Wild Pursuit Chicken, Turkey & Quail canned cat formula
    Sodium: 0.11%
    Carbohydrates: 5.35%
    Wild Pursuit Trout, Salmon & Tuna canned cat formula
    Sodium: 0.14%
    Carbohydrates: 4.87%
    Wild Pursuit Salmon, Herring & Walleye canned cat formula
    Sodium: 0.15%
    Carbohydrates: 4.46%
    Wild Pursuit Turkey, Chicken & Guinea Fowl canned cat formula
    Sodium: 0.13%
    Carbohydrates: 4.36%
    Wild Pursuit Beef, Buffalo & Venison canned cat formula
    Sodium: 0.13%
    Carbohydrates: 4.28%

13. Olive & Paula

Thanks for that. Smokey is getting picky now. He still eats with no problem the Purina one chicken and proplan beef with carrots. I'm trying to mix in others so he doesn't get bored I guess. Now when I use the ziwipeak I will give him one meal and freeze the rest. He won't eat it if given everyday.

Yesterday was his treat of the gizzards and liver I made. He gobbled it down with his bone soup. I have more cat food in the freezer than food for hubby and I.:facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.