6/6 China AMPS 73,+6 79,PMPS 69,+2 83,+6 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Oops!!...Could have sworn I already wrote this!! :oops:

Today was good! Had to drive myself to the eye doctor for my post-surgical follow up this morning and other than having no depth perception (since I still had the eye guard on), I didn't have any trouble.

WOW, what a difference!! He took the eye guard off and the first thing my eye went to was a calendar on the wall on the other side of the room and I could actually read it!! And not just the big JUNE either!!

I did however immediately notice how bad the cataract is in my left eye....now that the right is clear, it's a lot more obvious how bad the left is

My eye is still swollen and irritated, but my vision in that eye is now 20/25. He says that's better than he usually gets so soon.

Now I have 2 eyedrops....1 is 4 times a day for a week and the Prednisolone is 4x/day for a week, then 3x for a week, then 2x, then once/day.

They went ahead and took measurements for the other eye and as long as I have it done within the next 8 weeks, they won't have to re-measure.

Miss China is still being a dedicated nurse-kitty...even "reminding" mama that she needs to limit her time on the computer!!
    paw (Mobile).jpg

Thinking of @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) ...it was Ella's turn for surgery today and I'm hoping (as you all are) for a quick recovery and the best results!

2. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

So glad it went well. Hope you will be able to get the next one done soon!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Reason for edit: Typo
    Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

what good news! Good for Nurse China to take care of Momma Bean. I do hope you can get the other done in the time frame. Do you use glasses now? If so, will you need after both eyes are done? Rest and heal well.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That picture is so cute. China is quite the trained nurse. Glad to hear the one eye has now given you bionic vision. Soon you'll be on TV with the 6 million dollar man and woman.

Now that you are Pred - you can test your own BG since it will go higher with Pred. A good experiment! We notice Leo is strongly affected by Pred for the first 12 hours, then it tapers off by the PMPS test.

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey I need a nurse...........send China over here!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glad you are doing so well. My friend wasn’t allowed to drive for two weeks.

7. Chris & China (GA)

I've required glasses to see far away since I was a kid....but the implanted lens acts like glasses to correct your vision, so hopefully once I get the other one done, I'll never need them again!

I've hated them my whole life!!

The eye doctor took the lens out of the right side of my glasses today since the implanted lens is doing that job now.

8. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Ok, I want the cataract surgery now. I have worn glasses for 58 years, tried contacts and never worked out. Awful things hanging off your face, but I did need to see. I'm so very glad for you. This definitely goes with the super human powers, spangled tights and that invisibility cloak. I love it! I think China needs spangles too, maybe a collar or tiara?

9. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Wow, that surgery is the best! You are making us all envious.

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear the first surgery went well. I remember when I had my laser surgery back in 1998. I had worn glasses for 25 years, with increasing thickness. Got contacts when I was 17, but because I had an astigmatism had to stick to hard, and then gas permeable. I had soooo many issues with them. I'll never forget that moment, after my lasik, when I stood up and looked across the room. I could see the picture hanging there. The doctor was walking down the hall, and I was supposed to follow, but I was mesmerized. I'm glad you are getting to experience that feeling, and soon you will have it in both eyes!!

China, you are such a good girl, rocking those :D numbers! And you are a pawesome nurse!

JeffJ likes this.
  11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Super glad it went well!:bighug:

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad things went well. What a great update.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Chris! I missed it all with your eye , but sounds like things are heading in a good direction.

14. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Always such beautiful numbers!

15. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

hmmm.... maybe i can stop dreading that surgery.... I can't imagine someone tinkering with me awake and staring at them.

I'm glad it's going so well. And such good care you have....

16. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

China is an amazing nurse! Sooo sweet! Healing prayers up for you. Glad you’re ok!

17. Chris & China (GA)

It is kind of disturbing, but you really can't "see" anything clearly. You can tell "something" is coming toward your eye, but you can't really tell what it is or feel it when it gets there.

You can hear the whine of the instrument that's used to remove the old lens, but that's no worse than hearing the noise of the drill when you're having a tooth worked on. It's just noise

PussCatPrince - GA and JeffJ like this.
  18. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yes, that is actually really disturbing. It is pretty amazing that we have all this modern medical miracles - eye lens replacements, diabetes remedies for humans and kitties, and even chemo for small cell lymphoma for kittehs.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful news about your new vision! I hope you'll be able to get the other eye done soon.

I must say, however, that I love my glasses. I would feel lost without them (have worn glasses since I was 9 years old). Now that I am older my distance vision is better (my old glasses are too strong for me) and I have what my opthomologist calls the "2nd sight": I can read without glasses and get really close to tiny print and see everything. This is good for measuring tiny doses of insulin!

20. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Glad it all went well and China always has beautiful numbers:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.