6-7-18 Jones AMPS 220, +5 230 PMPS 194, + 2 250

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Another yellow start to the day.

He ate well yesterday again. I may have touched green last night, but I was so tired, so I gave him some carbs to help coast and went to bed really early.

Tonight he gets cut off from food at midnight which would be +5.5. Do you usually give the full dose regardless or do you give a smaller dose as he will not have access to food over night? He will not be getting his shot in the morning and we will be taking him to the vets at 730-800 AM for his dental.

I thought I would stay home and work from home, but I think I will need the distractions from the day and work company is good to have.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I’m not good with doses but good luck at the dental appt. And yes, sometimes distractions help!! Try not to worry & sending blessings your way...

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I usually give the full dose the night before as long as Furball is eating and skip the morning off. Sending dental vines.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I always did full dose the night before anesthesia, and usually did half dose in the AM, unless the numbers said to give less. If Neko was going lower at night, I would pop open some medium carb before bed. Looks like Jones isn't getting into low numbers on this dose, so he should be OK.

Sending vines for a good dental. :bighug: And I agree, distractions are good.

5. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

More dental vines. One of our civvies had a dental with nine extractions recently, and he was full-on eating and cuddling and purring by evening--I'm sending some of that energy for Jones.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Thank you!

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Thanks Carla and Wendy. A full dose tonight then and pick up the food before bed. I will stay up late and give him a chance to eat before I put it into the fridge. Will also pick up the wheatgrass and put it outside.

8. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Morning Trace. I would give the full dose & also give small last snack before the cut off point if he is giving you 'The Look'.

:bighug: for you. I know it's scary monsters. :bighug:

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dental tomorrow. I always gave a full dose the night before unless for some reason the number was borderline low and I was concerned with him not eating to help boost him up.

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

The Nature's Variety LID Turkey is supposed to be 7% carb....but not all carbs are created equal as the 1/4 can (3 oz can) at each meal seems to skyrocket him. However just with the FF Turkey 4-5% carb he drops like a stone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.