6/9 Titan AMPS 228, med decision

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan 6/5.

Good Saturday to everyone, Titan is perking along on the beach still with occasional dips into the lagoon and usually a yellow AMPS every 5-7days. We decided after many rounds of discussion with Dr Becky and our valued friends here on FDMB, to stay with the prednisolone for now rather than run a test with Metacam. Titan is moving well, jumping from chair to counter, out the window into the screened kennel ( yes the boys have their own porch they share with us) and takes the spiral stairs with ease. So the prevailing opinion is he is not in much pain if any so the Metacam wouldn't be of much use. If he starts to limit his activity and we think it's a pain issue we will revisit a change in meds. For now it's 5 mg prednisolone every other day. We think it's helping a bit anti inflammatory wise. I'm off to work on the garage after the carpenter ants had their fun. So far materials have been $1400 and I thought cats were expensive :woot:. Have a good weekend, Ed .

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Titan slides down for you today. Good to hear he is moving well.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

It feels good once you know what you will do, instead of going back and forth. Carpenter ants :mad::mad:

4. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

So nice to hear he's feeline agile!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

More green please Titan! I wonder if a slight fattening of the dose to 9.75 would bring more lagoon time?

I always looked at arthritis treatments in three categories. There is the joint itself, inflammation, and pain. Helping the joint itself can be done with things like Cosequen or other glucosamine products, Adequan (Cartrophen outside the US), or hyaluronic acid. For inflammation I tried fish oil (omega 3 oil) and Duralactin. Treating the joint and inflammation were usually good enough for a while. At one point I finally had to address the pain issue. For Neko that was accupuncture (with me doing daily acupressure) and buprenorphine. Good to hear that Titan doesn't need the pain issue addressed yet.

Don't get me started on carpenter ants! :mad:

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  6. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

I've got a few extra, I could mail them, I'm sure they would survive shipping :woot:

Wendy&Neko and Mandy & Rex (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.