6-Feb Mav AMPS 110|+3.5 59|PMPS 342|+4 248

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Mav had a pretty good pm cycle, he bumped up at +2 but then came down slowly and steady during night, I suspect he surfed mid to low blues :cool:, did another keto-diastix pee test yesterday evening, and there was no glucose :).

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Mav today. I hope he keeps surfing. Yay for no glucose in his urine.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great start to the day!! Show that glucose who's boss! :cat:

4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start Mav, work on down to the lagoon.

5. Christie & Maverick

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I love when that happens! Go Mav!

You know what's funny? I've read so many things about FD, and a lot of the articles by vets on FD (mostly the same ones that suggest you don't test at home, but bring your cat to them to do curves) say to use urine tests to monitor for hypo and if there is no glucose in the urine, it's a bad sign. :rolleyes:

7. Christie & Maverick

It does seem odd in many ways! I'd suspect home urine tests are the least accurate, I certainly wouldn't want to use that method to make decisions. Seems consistent in that what I've read too, vets appear to want diabetic cats in a nice "safe" range, which likely means the cat will be dumping at least some glucose all the time.

I asked my vet tech about keeping Mav under renal threshold, and she said "what do you mean?"...

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I think the tests themselves are pretty accurate as far as positive/negative goes, but yes, you just don't know how old the urine is to know which blood glucose reading it accurately reflects. I understand why higher numbers are safe from a hypoglycemia standpoint, especially if you aren't testing, but I don't understand how it's preferable, if you home test, especially for cats with renal issues already (and all cats are predisposed to renal issues anyway, it seems), to be constantly dumping glucose in their urine.

Not as bad as a vet saying "what do you mean?" ...but still! Oy!

9. Christie & Maverick

Whoops, maybe a bit too much 12-13% last hour, +4=92. But at least still :D

10. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

He’s having some nice cycles. Now Mav, no need for any bouncing.

11. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking good, Maverick!:D

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love what you are doing on this dose Mav. :D:cool:

Neko's vet wasn't concerned with the no urine in glucose cause she knew I was testing, but I was amused at the number of times the Idexx lab vet commented on it. :rolleyes: But for us, it's a point of pride. :)

13. Christie & Maverick

It's really true, I feel a sense of pride too when I reach a cycle that he isn't dumping glucose, sometimes it is short lived, like tonight, but at least I know his kidneys are taking a break once in a while.

PMPS = 342, looks like we are bouncing, I told him it was no-bounce Tuesday, but apparently that only worked on Furball @carfurby :rolleyes:

He really is doing well on this dose overall though, certainly more cycles with nice greens :D, shorter bounces too, I think.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not. Furball is bouncing tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.