6 May | Girlie | APMS 112; +2=85; +3=65; PMPS 76; PM+1=79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-may-girlie-amps-103-3-85.195115/#post-2183847

Not sure why we had a blue start this morning and yesterday AMPS. I think I have to use the automated feeder to make sure that she doesn't get any food after +9:30 before her AMPS. It's odd, though, because it doesn't seem to matter if she gets food late before her PMPS: her numbers will still drop.

And then she drops pretty much straight away in the AM into nice greens all day. I'm not complaining! I'm just wondering what this means and how significant it is that one or two AMPS are blue but all the other numbers are lovely greens...? o_O I assume we just keep plugging away until she finally is just solid green all the time...is that right?

I'm assuming that she has quite a ways to go before she's ready for an OTJ trial, but if any experienced folks have any ideas about what I could do, especially with those occasionally wonky AMPS (as if 103 is wonky, for goodness sake! Sheesh! :rolleyes:), that would be great. I do try to make sure I get her food at her AM+9, and that generally ensures a low PMPS number. I'm usually not up at 4:00 am, though, to guarantee she gets some food in her; she's usually tucked under the covers now anyway because the nights are getting a little chilly.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. Girlie's mom

@Christie & Maverick : she's come a long way from those crazy, awful days and nights of drastic drops and bounces, thank goodness!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Girlie's mom

@Stacy & Asia from your lips to her ears! I told her what you said... ;)

4. Girlie's mom

@Chubba , it's so true!!!

5. Girlie's mom

PM+1 = 79, so no big food spike from the PMPS. :D

6. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you are sooooo close. You want to see her below 100 majority of the time with the occasional blue. I would think you don't want to see those 131's, 151's, and 175's that popped up not too long ago. I wonder though, Girlie goes higher when she's constipated so is it poo influenced numberso_O.
    I'm sure someone with more experience will weigh in. Regardless Girlie is looking great!!! Love all those :D:D:D:D:D

Link here:
    OTJ trial

7. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow ... Girlie is looking awesome! Go, Girlie, Go!:D

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

She’s really, really close. The numbers on the 4th were probably from not having food, interestingly it can make their numbers go up, don’t ask me why. Any way to set an auto feeder for +9 at night, or you think she won’t bother to get out of bed for it anyway? Or maybe set your alarm for +10 and keep some freeze dried treats or something by your bed and just give those and go back to bed? So close! I hope she makes it easy for you and just pops a lime green in there somewhere! :joyful:

:D:D:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.