7/1/18/Ravan/+10.5 168/pmps215/+2 255/+5 309/+8 306

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sloooooooow down there Ravan

3. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    @Judy and Boomer
    @Chris & China

Here we go again! I did not expect green this early.Maybe blue NOT green. He's dropping faster than ever . He never went to green from an am of 366bg
    I have my son coming in a few mins to take me to Lunch!I Know I can't leave with Ravan dropping. I even gave him an 8% carb food after his shot hoping to slow down any drop. It seems it didn't work!
    How are we supposed to "Know our CAT" when his bg is all over the place.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Reason for edit: add
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like Ravan's bounces are clearing in 3-4 cycles. I might use that knowledge to get a +2 on the third or fourth cycle after green to see if you can spot and slow the drops. Sometimes you may need MC instead of LC to slow him down.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    I stopped checking at +1 & +2 because he was always High +4 was when he seemed to start the drop?

6. Wendy&Neko

A number of the times you tested early were bounce cycles. 6/23 AM cycle is a good example of action at +2. Maybe try some +2.5 or +3 tests to see if they are good predictors.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    I gave him FF Gravy lovers an Hour ago & now he dropped to 45! What is happening?

8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

It's sometimes difficult to tell what are bounce cycles. I expected him to drop lower last night which was why I suggested a +1 test/food because sometimes +2 doesn't seem early enough to stop the drop.
    I know you don't want to test him any more than you already do. I know his ear must be sore; Boomer has a sore ear right now because he'll generally only let me test the one ear. But perhaps (unless it's very clear that the bounce is just starting) you might want to get a +2 test each day and feed if he's down.

And with that 45 he has earned a reduction under TR.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. Bellasmom

Give him some more ff gravy how is he acting

10. JoyBee&Ravan

He ate a entire can an hour ago he just wants to sleep But this time of day he usually does sleep. He's eating more FF gravy lovers now.

What do I do if it goes lower?

11. Bellasmom

12. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Give just the gravy. Don't fill him up just in case. Gravy has the carbs you want

13. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer
    Why did he still drop to 45 after eating FF gravy lovers an hour ago What if he keeps dropping?

I just went to get the dish & he already ate it all! How long does it take to get Bg up?

14. Judy and Boomer

He ate an entire can of higher carb ff?
    Squeeze some gravy out of a can of the food and offer him that. Or a tiny bit of syrup/caro on the end of a spoon or on your fingertip.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  15. Judy and Boomer

You will want to test 20 minutes after getting that 45 to make sure he has come up a bit.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  16. JoyBee&Ravan

He ate an entire can FF Gravy lovers at 2:30 & bg still dropped to 45 Now at 3:45 he ate another Can Of Gravy lovers

It's been 30 mins & his BG just came up now to 48. After all that High carb food an hour & a half ago.
    Can it still drop afer the food wears off?

17. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Amethyst does not come up unless I give her 1ml of Karo I know that is alot but once she goes low she just does not want to come up GOOD LUCK:bighug:

18. Wendy&Neko

If a cat really wants a reduction, they.could drop low in spite of getting carbs. Some cats are also more or less carb sensitive than others. Good luck with the reduction.

19. Judy and Boomer

Yes he can still drop low. You should test every 30 minutes for the next couple of hours to make sure he doesn't go lower. Try not to feed any more unless you absolutely have to.

20. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

I'm not sure how to interpret the " Good Luck with the reduction" ? Please elaborate on that?
    Do you mean he might go real High?

21. Bellasmom

Ravan earned a reduction

22. JoyBee&Ravan

@Bellasmom
    The last time he was on 1.25 after 2 weeks he dropped to 35 & earned a reduction. After 5 days at 1 unit his bg was staying up so I was advised to increase back to 1.25 (Failed reduction)
    So here we are again. Same thing over again?

23. Bellasmom

Yes per TR protocol
    • If kitty drops below 40 (long term diabetic) or 50 (newly diagnosed diabetic) reduce the dose by 0.25 unit. If kitty has a history of not holding reductions well or if reductions are close together... sneak the dose down by shaving the dose rather than reducing by a full quarter unit. See additional notes in the next paragraph about drops into the 20s and 30s. Alternatively, at each newly reduced dose... try to make sure kitty maintains numbers in the normal range for seven days before reducing the dose further.

24. Bellasmom

I will say this, if it were me I would hold the dose only because of the failed reduction and his numbers going so high, I think there are people on here who reduce if the kitty hits lime greens like x3 before a reduction, I have seen that, I’m sure others will weigh in

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  25. Judy and Boomer

I follow that "rule" with Boomer being a long-term diabetic he can earn a reducie 3 ways: 1. either by being in green for a week 2. by going under 40 3. 3 drops on different cycles (but same dose) under 50

JoyBee&Ravan and Bellasmom like this.
  26. Judy and Boomer

Have you tested since getting the 48? It's wise to test every 30 minutes when they are that low.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  27. JoyBee&Ravan

@Bellasmom

If Ravan was a bit stable in his bg & wasn't doing these Huge bounces I would agree with holding this dose. Have you looked at his SS for 13 days his AM BG looks like a Rainbow,all over the place.
    He obviously is not doing well on this dose Huge bounces & huge ,fast drops.I think 13 days is enough.(for me too) you know how it feels when Bella goes to pink? Believe me it's way worse to see red,black & higher!
    When he was on 1 unit he had a lot of Pink,yellow & some blue in the PM. I'll take that over what's going on now! Maybe i just didn't stay at 1 unit long enough? It was only 5 days.

I always appreciate your feedback & support but I need a break & so does Ravan! I'll have to see what happens!

Bellasmom likes this.
  28. JoyBee&Ravan

@judy & Boomer
    Sorry. I had a meltdown. Ravan was sleeping next to me ,I was just waiting for "me" to calm down to test! I'm so Happy to say his BG is 129. I realize it's probably from all the HC food but that's OK at least it came up.
    I understand what you & Bellasmom are saying about holding the dose. Right now I just can't handle Ravan's big bounces & fast drops I need this all to slow down. If he had responded better to the HC food I wouldn't be freakin out so much.
    I think I'll try lowering his dose & holding it for a longer time. Will see how that goes.
    I will be testing tonight to see if he drops again when the HC food wears off.

Thank you both for being there for me.

Jill & Jade and Judy and Boomer like this.
  29. Judy and Boomer

I didn't say anything about holding the dose, in fact I was the one that commented that he had earned a reduction. :D

30. Judy and Boomer

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Judy and Boomer

Happy he's come up a bit.
    He is likely to have a large bounce, partially due to the low numbers, partially due to the quick drop, and partially due to a bit of carb overload. Don't panic. :eek:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  32. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer

I"m tired & misunderstood your response About "following the Rule"

I apologise!
    Thank you for helping!

How High can he bounce? Over 600 yesterday!!

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  33. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer
    @Wendy&Neko
    Ravan is still low after eating 2 cans of Gravy lovers & 1/2 can of FF classic.
    He's very thirsty & restless. And peeing a lot, even more than he has been.Something doesn't feel right. I'm worried.

I thought by this time his Bg would be way up. I'm actually worried about shooting even 1 unit.
    He dropped so fast & wasn't responding to the HC food for 2 1/2 hrs! Isn't that unusual?

34. Judy and Boomer

Chances are he is starting to bounce but if you are concerned grab a +2 test and feed if he is lower.
    I'm just heading to bed, it's 11:00 here. I hope he lets you get some sleep tonight.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.