7.1 Noodle AMPS 245 +4 295 PMPS 222 (Increase)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia & Noodle, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Last Condo

It's finally July! Thank goodness! Noodle has been plugging along in the yellows with the occasional toe in the blue. It's (again) past time for an increase, but I will have much more freedom to test more than I have had in the past few weeks.

I'm inclined to try .40mm again (it was the dose that got her into the 30s on 6/14) since it has been over 2 weeks hovering in the 200s. I do want to respect "last good dose" rules though - any thoughts on if I should split the difference and try .35mm instead?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Anything older than two weeks is ancient history as far as dosing. Plenty if time for glucose toxicity to start. How much of a unit do you think 0.1 mm is?

3. Patricia & Noodle

To my eyes, it's ~0.25u (if you don't count the width of the zero line - so half a half unit if i measure the space between the two lines). The .3mm she is getting now is still under the zero line on most of the trusty BD Ultrafines we use.

4. Wendy&Neko

Maybe a hair under 0.4 mm if you can do it.

5. Patricia & Noodle

I should be able to get .35mm - too low? (Thank you for your quick responses! I was thinking I'd just hold off til tomorrow AM if needed but this is appreciated)

6. Wendy&Neko

Try the 0.35, see what happens.

7. Patricia & Noodle

Noted and done! For these low doses, I've been trying to leave the plunger pushed in when I withdraw the shot. If I don't it seems like that last drop stays in the needle (for lack of a better term) and all my efforts at consistency by tenths of a millimeter are for nothing.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose.

Patricia & Noodle likes this.