7/10 Vyktor AMPS 254 +3 203 +6 86 +7 50 / Purrdy AMPS 252 +3 236 +7 247

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-5-5-106-6-95-6-5-97-8-85-snaily-pics.160284/

Vyktor
    Vyktor's numbers are a bit all over the place. He has embraced the polly wobble bobble technique with some enthusiasm often rising past +3 before turning it around. It won't help that I forget to set the alarm last night so he got his shot an hour late this morning :oops: what will hopefully help is that he got a poop out this morning - four days since the last one. It wasn't sufficient for that length of time so I'm hoping he goes again today. He may want an increase but I'll give it a couple more days for the poop spike to subside. You may remember that I got a little too enthusiastic (for him) about increasing last time and dropped him to 29 :eek: remembering that, I held off increasing during the week after a couple of yellow cycles and was rewarded with a nice streak of safe greens.

Hey Vyktor - it is not a fashion statement to match wobbly numbers to your wobbly legs!

Purrdy
    Purrdy continues to develop further Cushings symptoms including missing pigment from his nose and blackheads on his body. The thinned patches of hair on his sides are now totally bald too - we might have to get him a winter jumper. However, most importantly he is still well within himself.

He does have a pattern to his numbers. He has a green streak about once a week, spikes to pink and then spends most of his time in yellow and blue. Interestingly his last green streak was only in the 70s and he skipped the pink. Going to keep an eye on this and, if it turns out that keeping him above x level prevents him from hitting the pink floor then we'll try to do that. He is not a kitty that is ever going to be well regulated so our hope is just to keep him under the renal threshold as much as we can.

I have been lurking but terrible at posting because I rarely have enough time in one block to do all the visiting that I want to and I don't want to offend anyone by missing their condo, also I can check on more kitties if I'm not posting. The time constraint issue is unlikely to change anytime soon but know that I am always thinking about your kitties :kiss:

Toby so loved, so missedcat_wings>o

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Let's have another poop, Vyktor. And maybe some of the Aussie Hootch for good measure.

Sounds like both Vyktor and Purrdy are doing OK with their various issues. Purrdy will like a winter sweater, I think. How cold does it get where your mum lives?

Always great to see your condo, Serryn.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

scritches to them both.....[​IMG][​IMG]

i know what you mean.... i don't have large blocks of time currently so I try to just visit a few each night IF I can....
    and rotate....
    course, if i can't sleep.... i visit a lot more condos.....

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Yeah, visiting condos is hit or miss for me, too. The problem is, if I start, I don't want to stop because I think "oh, just one more" and then it's an hour later. :rolleyes: Sometimes you just have to step away from the computer.

I'm glad to see Vykor and Purrdy at least holding their own. Sending poo vines for Vyktor and healing vines for Purrdy.

5. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

And there it is, the post poop plummet from which he will no doubt bounce :rolleyes: looks like I won't get getting out to shop anytime soon...

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) - not as cold as where you are but down to single figures celcius with the occasional dip into minus territory overnight. And to answer your question (which you've probably forgotten you asked by now) from our last condo - I don't know how long it is until the snailies are fully grown but you can tell a fully grown snail from one that hasn't finished yet. A fully grown snail will have a little lip on the edge of its shell.

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yay for poo! We are on mild poo alert here with Tillie.
    Liz

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for poop. I hope Vyktor doesn't bounce too much from the greens. I'm glad Purrdy is doing okay dealing with everything. Sending prayers.

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Always good to see you post an update for the boys. Seems like they are pretty good and holding their own. Always in our thoughts and prayers.

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Nice to see a post for the boys. Scritches and head bumps for both of them.

10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Great to see the boys are holding their own. Scritches and Head Bumps for both of them.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Wishing Vyktor and Purrdy the best. Thank-you Toby was very much loved and sadly missed.

12. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Serryn,

it is great to hear from you. I know on those condos . I find myself in the same boat... what I do post once a week takes alot of time, and I am thinking of just visiting, rather that doing a weekly condo, especially now that I no longer have a FD kitty. Anyways, it is nice to hear from you .

I am glad that Viktor and Purest are holding their own. Vines for them both that they continue to do so. We had thought for awhile that Mannie had Cushing's too. We eventually did the test, which was negative . Purrdy, sweaters do help. Many vines for you.

Take care Serryn. I hope all is well with you.

13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed your condo last weekend - we were having a birthday party on Saturday for my eldest daughter's birthday.

I know what you mean about visiting - I can't even get to people who I know well and want to check on because I pretty much only have time to answer those (mostly new members) who have questions in their subject line. A person could spend all day on here, easily, and have no other life! But just know your expertise is valuable here.

About your kitties - I've become a fan of probiotics for digestive woes. I know Vyktor's not exactly constipated, but it might help him - nothing to be lost by trying it, just in case it helps him. McGee, my tux boy, has the tiniest bits of poo and he regularly vomits. Have you seen this link? http://www.ibdkitties.net/probiotics/ It's pretty good and not just for IBD kitties. First I gave McGee a month of S. Boulardii, then I bought a general probiotic and he's been on it about a week. No vomiting this week - except for that bit of birthday balloon ribbon that he ate. Silly kitty.

I also give McGee and Anya a small pinch of ground flax seed to help with the constipation. Of course I also add water to their food. That might be the equivalent to the pumpkin you give Vyktor. Between these we have some happy digestive systems.

I'm sorry to hear Purrdy is losing his hair. We love you, little buddy! A sweater sounds nice. Your goals for him make sense. It's good to see some green in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.