6/28 Vyktor AMPS 189 +3 92 +4 29 +4.5 74 +5 95 +5.5 106 +6 95 +6.5 97 +8 85 - Snaily pics

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Yesterday - been a while since I've been able to say that :) it helps that I didn't make it to work today

Really Vyktor 92 to 29 in an hour, that's new and lets not make a habit of it, the bean's nerves can't take it! Guess I was a little too enthusiastic with the increases to rein him in, back down we go. Big plus this morning - poop without a spike to the yellow floor and without falling over :cat: it took him a good half hour to settle down afterwards though, poor little man I wish I knew what the problem was.

@Bobbie And Bubba - the Zener massage is a massage of the intestines, just below the spine and behind the ribs. It was part of Anne and Liz's routine with their kitty Zener who had cerebellar hypoplasia. Applying it to Vyktor daily keeps him pooping on schedule every second day - he was getting up to 5/6 days without pooping before I started this.

@Wendy&Neko - the acupuncture does help. It took a while - it wasn't until about 10 sessions in that the effects showed. He was quite a wreck before we started, very wobbly back legs, couldn't really walk in a straight line and looking around was enough to make him fall over. His legs were just getting worse and worse and I was fully expecting them to fail completely. He has much better balance and control now and this week he actually ran down the corridor to me - not an old man run, a proper run :joyful: We still have an issue with his right back leg though he generally leaves it sticking straight out while he's sleeping - but not as much as he used to.

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) - It is too hot for snails here in summer so they go into estivation - they suck back into their shell and seal it up until the weather gets better for them. Going to try posting some snaily pics shortly. Wish I could hang out with your deer for a while!

Purrdy AMPS 331 +2 281 +5 247 +7 265 - looks like Mum will get another good sleep tonight ;)

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Vyktor, there are no extra points for going that low! :eek::eek:

Great news on the running down the hallway (and the easy poo). :):) Neko doesn't run anymore. Darn arthritis! I'm overdue to book her for an acupuncture session.

Hey Purrday, pop that balloon and drift on down slowly now.

3. Vyktors Mum

4. Vyktors Mum

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw Vyktor run - it has been years, at most he occasionally builds up to a trot. I nearly fell over myself when he started barrelling down the corridor!

I put the first pic with my finger in it so you can see how small the baby snailies are. The one next to my finger isn't the smallest I've seen but I find it near on impossible to photograph them when they're any smaller - I am no Judy!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like snail paradise at your place.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I am beyond delighted to read about Vyktor running down the hall! That is wonderful news, as is the fact that he's eating without apparent discomfort. I'm glad to hear the Zener acupressure is helping him - I'm sure it warms the hearts of Zener's beans to know he's contributing to Vyktor's well being. :)

Vyktor, as to your shark hunt today, I can only say, DON'T do that again!!! If Mama has a heart attack, who will feed you and the other critters she cares for?? If you want a reducie, ask for it gently, please. A simple 38 or 39 will do. Please remember that next time, okay?

Purrdy, off the trampoline, please. Gently - no showing off. Your Mamabean has had enough of those shenanigans.

Ummm, at the risk of offending all of you cooing over the snailies, I just can't share your enthusiasm. I will grant you that, for just a second, the tinyness of them struck me as cute, but then I looked closer and remembered they were slimy snails, and it wore off. I was not at all grossed out by yesterday's Purrdy/Dolly story (in fact, I laughed heartily - sorry, Purrdy), but the snail crawling up your arm and through your hair almost did me in!!!
    :eek:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear Vyktor is moving better. I hope he keeps surfing safely. Those snails are so cute.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

All in all it sounds like Vyktor is feeling pretty good, eating well and a run down the hall! Are you gearing up for a marathon? If you don't like the dose, a simple drop to 40 will be enough.

Thanks for the Zenner massage technique. I am glad that it helps. Amazing what the touch can do.

Are you raising snails?

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Such CUTE snailies!!!

Yay for a good Vyktor poop, but yikes on that drop!!

10. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

29! Really Vyktor. Your bean's a smart lady, she could have figured out you want a reduction with a much less emphatic number. Drama king!

Serryn, I got a little misty to hear about Vyktor running down the hall! My old lab-boy is really struggling with his back legs but every now and then he'll do a typical lab drop and roll just a wiggling that back against the cool grass. Makes me weak...and makes my week. Vyktor, thanks for giving your mum that joy, too.

Cute little critters, those snails. In pictures, anyway. Don't think I'd want them surveying my flesh or hair, though.

Marilyn and Polly

11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Gee Vyktor being a bit...umm...melodramatic, aren't we?
    Boomer runs after he's eaten. Yeah I agree, that's weird lol. It's only a few steps....he walks a few, then runs a short number, then continues to walk. I dunno! o_O:confused:

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Vyktor:eek: swimming in the deep end of the lagoon:D AND running down the hallway :) AND a good poop!:cat:
    Must be something in the air in WA...........please send me some Serryn!

13. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

My hear stopped at that 29...geesh Vykor please don't try that again sweet boy. Hope you got extra special treats for the nice poop:) Extra scritches for both boy and nice Mum gets to sleep:)

14. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Yikes @ 29 but wohoooo on running!!!
    GOOOOO Vyktorrrr:cat:

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Vyktor, I knew you were OK, but I was watching you just the same. Surf a little safer next time, OK?
    Your pal,
    Rusty (LagoonMeister)
    p.s. that was a great run down the hall. We'll be hunting those rodents together soon.

I think the snailies are neat. Is that a big snail in one of the pics? How long does it take for them to get that big?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.