7/11/19 Olive AMPS 300; PMPS 317; +4.5=150

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Thinking of you today Paula, I hope everything is going well for your husband and that you get care figured out for Olive on your more hectic days. Please remember to take care of yourself too, it's very hard to remember to do that when a loved one is ill. Vines, vines and more vines for your DH.

Olive, give mom a break and give her some better numbers :)

Olive & Paula likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Lots of vines heading your husband's way and more of these for you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Sending vines, purrs and hugs!! :bighug::bighug:

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

7. Olive & Paula

Olive is starting to look awful, I think from higher numbers. I will increase tonight.

I ordered enclosed playpen, put a room on courtesy hold for Sunday through Tuesday. Red Roof inn. 2 miles from hospital. No deposit required. No pet fees. Got delux room which has fridge, microwave, and other, only $3 more than regular room. Only interested in fridge though for the insulin. I have Frio wallet too. Things coming together.

HWright, AmandaE, Idjit's mom and 6 others like this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

I'm glad things are starting to come together for you. I've never heard of an enclosed playpen; sounds like a great idea. Sending lots of vines and :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Olive & Paula

Ok so increase given. Surgery will not be Monday, it's going to be following week.

So I will have more time to monitor Ollie.

10. Olive & Paula

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I have one of those playpens for when I am traveling with my cats. The only problem was my cats would become very vocal while I tried to sleep with them in it. Hopefully, you can let her out while you are there. You might need ear plugs and something to help you sleep, because every minute of sleep you can get right now, will help you. :bighug:
    You and your DH and Olive are on my mind. Sending hugs and well wishes.

12. Olive & Paula

When I'm in the room I will let her out. Ollie has never ever cried for any reason. She seems to like going places. Not afraid and loves to check things out.

Dyana and LizzieInTexas like this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Be good Ollie, just a tiny bit lower please, but nothing crazy. Mom is going through a lot right now.

For you and DH. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  14. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers Paula

15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I know you have absolutely nothing else to do :rolleyes: but be sure to find a vet or vet hospital close to where you are staying JIC. You might grab the last lab paper work to take along also.

Send strength for you and DH. :bighug:

Dyana likes this.
  16. Olive & Paula

@Noah & me (GA) actually did that for me. I didn't think of it. So I have that noe.

I have a folder for each cat with all their records that I take whenever I take the somewhete, even to their own annual exams.

I'm starting to get everything together for Olive. Theres a lot of stuff to pack for her.

17. Judy and Boomer

That playpen is a great idea! DH and I haven't been able to travel and he's been hinting about a road trip and taking Boomer with us but all I can think of is that he might get out the door.
    I think it's a great idea for you to take Olive with you...it will ease your mind knowing that you're not far away and will be able to monitor! And she will provide some comfort to you as well! I would suggest taking something from home that has your scent on it....slippers or a sweater or whatever.... and put it in the playpen with her; it will help comfort her when you're away from the room.

18. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

19. Olive & Paula

Now that we have at least a week. Playpen arrives tomorrow (ordered it next day thinking surgery was going to be this monday) I can set it up in house and get her use to it. I will have the stroller towel and her testing rug with me.

And she's fine with harness and leash. We use that when I take her to visit grandpa.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Please be sure the harness is snug and/or she can not get out of it. If the hotel is pet friendly and a dog comes by when you are walking her, I don't want her to get scared and try to flee.

21. Olive & Paula

I will. I wouldn't take her outside anyways. I use harness and leash in room to keep her from getting under or behind furniture.

Dyana likes this.