7/11 Meme / need help to tell if i am giving too much or too little insulin

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rawia, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ir-need-quick-look-at-ss.196287/#post-2197756

Hi everyone,
    I did not post for a while after switching from Lantus to Levemir because Meme was doing very well and now we go back agaon and i really need little help in this to know if her SS is inverted or the insulin is too little or two much.

First she was doing very good on Levemir on 0.5 unit.

From my observation:
    - she start coming down on +3 and not before and her nadir starts on +6 or 7 or 8 which very good to me not like Lantus.
    - first time she dropped below 50 i did reduce the dose and i prefer to waith for another drop as @Chris & China suggested before and i waited for another drop then i reduced to 0.25 but i did not like the numbers and she went back to blue si i increased back to 0.5 and the numbers still crazy , i do not know if i did good or bad or what is happening.

I feel like we start all over again she was on just a drop dose and she was handling the reduction very well, now i am sad and confused and dies not know what to do, should i increase or what.

I did not take much tests because when she is high at +3 or +4 i know that she will stay high all the day.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I don’t know that much about Levemir but you could try a fat .5 just a tad over .5
    With her numbers blue all the time I wouldn’t go to 1u
    Maybe someone else will weigh in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.