7/13 Catcat AMPS 268,+2.75=212, PMPS 271,+3.25=188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 13, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-12-catcat-amps-253-3-5-244-6-214-pmps-245.216726/

thanks to Roo/Armish and Mowgli/Amanda for the help, support, companionship, and friendship, loved the bonfire on the beach

Catcat was SOOO hungry this morning, he grabbed the Friskies off the spoon as I was dishing it up, ate it in three gulps -- hard to get a test with a cat eating like that !

usually, in deference to his gobbling and teeth removal, I add water and make a slurry out of it

he's getting Friskies this morning to help him survive the day, since most of us will be at Relay for Life (fundraiser for the American Cancer Association) much of today --- at least when he was on Vetsulin, his BG ran slightly higher when he ate Friskies pate -- had not tried that since we switched to Lantus

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Be happy he has a good appetite. So many kittehs on this forum have low-eating issues.

Have fun at Relay for Life - a good cause indeed.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  3. CandyH & Catcat

thank you! research keeps coming up with new treatments -- I was lucky that surgery took care of it -- so far (crossing fingers, eating turmeric)

while we were away on an extended visit, poor Catcat went down to 10# (this is a cat who's normally 14#) and developed diabetes -- he's been hungry all the time ever since -- caregiver is dependable, my guess is that his usual kibble had an ingredient change, or that Catcat started eating the dog's kibble

only thing he has refused so far, is raw chicken gizzards -- was uncertain about stewed chicken thighs until I sprinkled them with bonito flakes, since then he digs right in without toppings -- yes, we are fortunate --

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Our last vacay was in 2016. We boarded Leo for 9 days. He lost a pound. That was the last time we boarded him.

Catcat's major weight loss is also concerning, and quite unhealthy. I hope you can keep him eating to regain his weight.

5. CandyH & Catcat

oh, he ate like crazy once we transitioned to wet food -- he usually goes through 2 5.5 ounce cans plus one 3 ouncer of FF in a day; if it was up to him he would eat an entire 13 ounce cat of Friskies pate ... and ask for more

the weight loss was in the past, he's up to a little over 12 pounds now, flanks still a bit concave, but good padding over backbone and ribs -- vet says he's in fine shape -- could be that with the greater stability on Lantus, that he's now eating to regain his 14-pound-ness .. I keep his individual servings either slurried or restricted, so he doesn't get into a scarf-and-barf situation

JeffJ and Figaro's Liz like this.
  6. CandyH & Catcat

off to Relay === with luck he'll switch between beach and putting toes in the water -- has plenty of Friskies down to keep him eating til we return

Tanya and Ducia and JeffJ like this.
  7. CandyH & Catcat

Catcat the always-hungry, apparently left some of the food I put down for him before we departed, so when we got back a little after 3 pm, he was just then cleaning it up

messed with my idea of getting a test then, and two hours later, without food influencing test, would be into the 2 hours pre-PMPS, and mess that up, since I need to put down some food before he will consent to a test

no way to tell what his BG was doing today .. another hour and a half til next shot time

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is challenging to get the food and preshot test synched. In the olden days, Leo liked to eat all the time too. He thought he was in the penalty box for the 2 hour pre-shot no food time.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.