7/14/18 Olive AMPS 285; +4=167; PMPS 247; +3=280; +4=214; +6=120

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

So I see yesterday's data was missing from ss, I reentered it again. She didn't eat the +8 last night. She's been pretty blah since the dental. I guess the gums are still sore.

I was wondering whether to raise her dose just a smidge while being on ab so her glucose doesn't get out of hand. Though this morning she's a bit lower, so if gums were bothering her maybe it's starting to subside. She will be on the ab for 10 days.

The toothpaste Dr wants me to use has sugar in it (verified by manufacturer) so I told the office when they called I can't use it on her. They called back next day and said it such a small amount it won't make a difference and to use it. I just said okay, thank you. Over my dead body will I use it. So checked out the one @Judy and Boomer use. It's not on the company website so another phone call. They just don't have it on their site. I called vets in area to see if anyone carried it, nope. Another call to company, I ordered the starter kit, expensive. Even refills are expensive. What a racket.

Today is visit day with dad. His cousin Janet is coming in this week. They are the last 2 people (dad and Janet) on my dad's side from that generation left. We are going to try to get my out for lunch on Thursday. I got him some new clothes that will fit him, so hope he likes them, probably won't wear them though. My dad has lost over 50 lbs. Won't give up his old clothes. The clothes are ratty, to big, old and worn out. They make him look like an indigent, and he's far from that.

Have a wonderful day all.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:D

Sounds like she is coming around a bit. I hope your dad appriciates the new clothes :bighug:. Your a good daughter :)

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd keep an eye on her numbers. If they start to creep up then increase the dose. I hope your dad likes the new clothes.

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

If you don't mind my asking Paula, how much are they charging you for it? I pay something like $22 CAD for a tube that lasts a few weeks.

5. Olive & Paula

@Judy and Boomer in US dollars the starter kit (3 syringes of paste, brush, pods (?) case, timer ??) Is $109.95 which includes shipping. The refills (6 syringes) are $64.95 + shipping. I wasn't sure how much is in a syringe or how long shelf life is that the 6 syringes would still be good when I needed them. Will have to wait and see when they get here. Maybe I can get the other 3 use to it.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  6. Judy and Boomer

Hmmm. The syringes themselves aren't a bad price; I don't know about the rest of the stuff lol.

7. Olive & Paula

I know right. Why a timer? Do they think you can brush for 2 minutes? Have no idea what the pods are.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Well I hope after all this that Olive cooperates with you!

9. LizzieInTexas

Were you able to get your kindle charging? Monday is Amazon Prime day, you may be able to get a deal on one if you are a prime member. Just thought I would pass the info along.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Been ages since Olive saw green. I would increase and let her tell you when any ill effects or inflammation from the dental are over. You want to avoid glucose toxicity. I found Neko's numbers were up for about ten days after her extraction,

11. LizzieInTexas

12. Olive & Paula

She saw green the day before her dental. And maybe today but I wasn't home to test. If not tonight I will increase tomorrow. Just don't know if I want to do .5. Since it did get her into green.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I was foiled by that pale pink 73, but it's still been 5 days. If she saw green today, and I didn't see it either, it wouldn't have been by much. You could always try a smaller increase, by way of an experiment. Though I expect she might have a touch of post dental inflammation.

Those pale pink "greens" on the SS are showing me how much I rely on colours. Last night's test data seems to have gone walkabout again. :banghead:

14. Olive & Paula

Again with the ss. It seems to be the cells manually colored. Why do they keep disappearing. I was thinking .25 increase. Guess I will see what she does tonight and in the morning before deciding how much.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Paula, you don't have to use toothpaste. Just water will do the trick too. I don't use any.

16. Olive & Paula

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  17. LizzieInTexas

I stumbled onto it by sheer accident. I was looking up some toothpaste/mouthwash for hubby and it happened to come up in the search. I immediately thought of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.