7/14 AMPS 299 +6 47, dose thoughts appreciated, reduction, PMPS 151 blue night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Jul 14, 2019.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/alice-7-12-amps-165-pic-pm-delay.216729/

The SS needs to be updated and fixed better for the weird point where I did an 18 hours cycle due to late shoot anyway and a need to change schedule again.

(I am having a health flare up issue that is making some of my usual upkeep like SS and posts on here difficult.)

Dose increase also had gone to 2.25u, but she hasn’t been on it long and she came up 47 just now at +6. Gave MC.

I know with the wonky SS it will be difficult to say for sure, but I am looking at the dose situation like... 2u was too little for some reason, now 2.25u is maybe a little too much. Can anyone give me a simple graphic on what a fat 2u might look like compared to the difference of 2.25u?

I am trying to catch up on rest for my health so I can keep doing better, and would appreciate any easy info or suggestions. Shot was also about 30 min late today.
    She is having a little bit of food issue because we ran out of her chicken and liver friskies again and I had to give her some of the mixed grill from the others’ stash. She doesn’t do well with..... certain foods, but I don’t exactly know the culprit. Right now that just means less bile tone in her stool and not as good fecal score, mostly. Another thing to work out later......

Today, I need rest, so I need to get her on the right dose!

I hope your sugar babies are well. <3

Zorro's mom likes this.
  2. AliceMeowliss (GA)

She was 44 after MC 20 min, so added syrup and MC, 74 after 20 min, gave her a lot more MC with some LC piled on the bottom of the bowl, because I am not well enough to be sure I can retest in 30 and then an hour and then and then.... need to buy myself time even if it makes her a little higher.... it’s safer and whatnot.

If I felt better I would be sitting with her for the next two hours and waiting. :\

ETA I will still of course restest her in a bit.... I just had to rest and not sit and wait...... I think she will be fine for an hour now because she has had a lot of MC and has more, even when the syrup wears off!

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Alice earned a reduction, you need rest, try 2.0 again. Paws crossed it takes this time.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  4. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Cassandra, I'm so sorry you are feeling unwell, this all can be so hard even on our best days.
    I hope you can rest, sounds like you left her lots of supplies :)

5. Zorro's mom

Zorro's mom Member

Hi Cassandra, you were one of the first people to interact with me on here so I've noticed that you've been quieter the past few days. I'm so sorry to read it's because you're not feeling well.
    I hope you'll recover very soon.
    I miss seeing new pics of Alice! :bighug:

6. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon, thinking of you with love, Nikki

7. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I know you’ve been around here a long time.... what do you think it was that kept it from taking before? Any thoughts? Do you think a “fat” 2.0u would be worth trying?

8. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Her +9 has her up to 170, so she stayed safe, thankfully! I guess I overfed the MC but after +6 is supposed to be my bonus chance to sleep since I have to do split sleep shifts! Otherwise I get maybe 5 hours a day and however I am ill, it’s a chronic thing (not sure what, maybe fibro), it will only go away with rest and time. :b

Thanks all.
    Alice is in bed with me right now. <3

E4360BF6-FF89-403A-A3CF-7346E0467BBC.jpeg

I saw today on Facebook that Diabetic Cats in Need is in a deficit due to kitty emergencies, and will not be able to assist with emergency visits at this time, so now it is extra critical that I keep Alice healthy. (Not to say it wasn’t important before and their funds being available for other cats is important too.) If you have never heard of them, they are a non-profit that helps cats in shelters and in their homes and gives cats meters and insulin and Alice wouldn’t be alive if they didn’t give us Lantus never mind the emergency DKA.

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Nice photo of your lovely Alice! Hope you feel better soon!:bighug:

upload_2019-7-14_16-44-43.jpeg

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just as an FYI, many people here are very familiar with DCIN. One of the founding people was active on this board for many years. And you are correct, they have helped many of our members.

I agree with Wendy -- it's dose reduction time. There's no way to say for sure why a dose reduction doesn't hold.. There are so many factors than can influence insulin needs - the timing of meals or if you're feeding your cat something different, stress - your cat may be feeling more stressed or may be responding to you being stressed, the phase of the moon (I'm really not kidding -- some cat's numbers change with full moons), or the best explanation of all -- Alice is a cat and it's her job to be unpredictable.

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Alice came up for you. I hope you feel better soon. Sending prayers.

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

i agree! She had an 18 hour cycle and still popped a 47!! Reduction time. This is very exciting !!

13. AliceMeowliss (GA)

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) I do figure most people here are familiar with DCIN. It’s how I found them in the first place! But.... I also didn’t find them right away. If I had, Alice may not have had her DKA hospitalization because I would have had support and known there were options for us! So..... maybe someone who doesn’t know will see it. Shrug!

ETA: if I had known about DCIN (or FDMB even) about 3 years ago, my friend’s cat Tuffy would still be alive maybe, too. I tried to help her take him to the vet on my care credit when he was sick, I helped her find insulin from a friend, but that alone was not enough, of course. I have a lot of sadness about him too, knowing what I know now. :\

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Getting the word out about organizations that can lend a hand when one is needed is always helpful. It was very kind of you to help out a friend.

15. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Alice is sailing a lovely lovely blue ride this evening, and she has decided she is going to camp out on the bed for it. She’s so normal today. <3