7/15 Catcat AMPS 219,+2=115,+4=76,+4.5=117,+5=136, PMPS 277,+2=270

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 15, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Sometimes a cycle of flat yellows can indicate a high activity cycle! hope Catcat sees some better numbers soon... if not Catcat... did you hear mom!? she mentioned an increase!!!

Sue and Luci and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  3. CandyH & Catcat

Catcat: "zzzzz" -- by my feet, if not sleeping, he's in an altered state --- mostly full of breakfast, he seems to be taking more time to eat, with less frantic searching for food

mom wouldn't mind an increase, easier to line up on a mark, then to judge half distance between .5 and 1 marks

found an LCD light strip so I can hold syringe over that, easier to see precisely where plunger is

4. AmandaE

Great idea!!

Lol @ snoozing Catcat!

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I know how difficult that can be - hence calipers! Do you have a set? If not, check out Harbor Freight - they're about $15 for digital calipers. I couldn't live without them and all of Luci's tiny weird doses...:D

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  6. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

he is soo very close to Blues. Take the +2 test - it should reveal his plans. Wishing you blue!

7. CandyH & Catcat

DH bought me a set of calipers, I need to learn how to use them -- particularly at 6:15 in the morning when I'm really not awake yet

8. Sue and Luci

If you can take one of your used syringes and draw up a little colored water to play around with your syringes with - dialing them around, etc. It's hard to try to learn to do things when you're watching the clock...at least it is for me :bighug:

9. CandyH & Catcat

clock? what clock? where? -- Catcat is our morning alarm clock, he starts pawing at us, pawing at covers, pawing things that crinkle or make noise, usually in the vicinity of 5 AM ... I pull covers over my head, he pulls them off ... DH finally gets up and brings me my morning latte -- but I'm still not awake, Catcat has to wait until after 6 before I get things ready to test - feed - shoot (he's not happy about the wait, but usually will lie there and glare at me)

10. Sue and Luci

LOL! I hear ya... I just mean later in the day - not when you're testing/feeding/shooting - the other 11 hours.... :)

11. CandyH & Catcat

12. CandyH & Catcat

oh you were right -- +2 = 115 :p

AmandaE likes this.
  13. CandyH & Catcat

thank you for the lucky charm and the reminder (I had planned on a +2 anyway today) -- +2 = 115 :cool:

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  14. AmandaE

Awesome! go Catcat go!! surf safely Catcat... dont get too crazy :D

15. CandyH & Catcat

break out the Sea-Doos .. +4 = 76 -- c'mon Catcat, Jaws is not working today, scoot back to Ho'okipa

not crazy yet, so I retrieved the Friskies and dished up a bunch, with a drop of huckleberry honey, to make sure he doesn't dive deeper
    he got 4Health turkey/giblets this morning and with this test

he's been this low (actually lower) before with no problems rebounding

AliceMeowliss (GA) and AmandaE like this.
  16. CandyH & Catcat

+4.5 = 117 after feeding Friskies with a couple of drops of honey

update: +5 = 136

guess I don't need to ask about a dose increase again -- will see if he bounces and if so, how much

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  17. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

AHHHH HAAAAA! There's the green you were wishing for! Go Catcat! :joyful:

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad you didn’t increase. :D

I found it helpful to have a piece of paper or other white object under me, as well as overhead lighting, when loading the syringe. Only time I was glad we have a white kitchen sink.

AmandaE and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  19. CandyH & Catcat

really nice to have that bright white light coming from beside/underneath the syringe -- I might not have seen the bubble in the syringe otherwise -- flicked at it until it rose to the needle end -- I always now overfill the syringe, then rotate the plunger slowly until I get the dose I want --don't know why a bubble showed up, I had the vial vertical before I inserted needle to fill syringe; vial is only about half used, I don't shake, rattle, or roll it; never had inserted air into vial, not with Lantus, not with Vetsulin either (vet may have done so with Vetsulin, don't know)

20. CandyH & Catcat

oooo-kay, since I know it wasn't a fur shot (no smell) -- he must be mini-bouncing :banghead:

will give him a good meal to work on before bedtime, since this doesn't seem like much of an active cycle

gonna go read my book :bookworm: