7-16-18 Jones AMPS 245, +5 189, PMPS 214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Dose increase is on board until we can get this food thing fixed up back to some LC. He was CPC all day yesterday. I am taking that small victory. The HC is really affecting his numbers but we will get that fixed as soon as I know the IBD flare is gone and then do it very slowly! In the meantime, increasing dose to compensate. I normal would not do this with that green a few cycles back but the circumstance is a little different with that 16% food he is willing to eat and is currently being used as a topper.

In the poop department seems to be ok for now. Anti-jinx. Question on the s boulardii - do you use it just when there is an issue or do you use it as a maintenance thing as well?

CKD civvie Rain ate well yesterday afternoon and evening. In fact her wet food was all gone when I was going to bed so I gave her some more and it was gone too. I gave her a half pepcid last night and will give quarter tomorrow. I was reading up on Tanya's site and I think a quarter pill every second day on going will help her out over all. Just need welding gloves and tons of antibiotic ointment around. She is terrible to pill. Thinking about getting the pill gun for her. If you have a recommendation for one, please let me know. And I always follow up with treats.

Busy week at work plus I have Friday off as we have company coming from Houston and Ontario!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. Yay for CPC yesterday. I'm glad Rain ate better. Sending prayers.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

* Just waves Hi *

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Hi, hope all is going well with you!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the new dose and the food conversions.

I haven't used the s. boulardii, but I have read there is a "stop diarrhea" dose and a maintenance dose.

6. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

There is but also think it's another ECID thing. I needed it for kitten Leo. We started with 1/4 capsule twice a day and then his maintenance dose became 1/4 capsule once a day. After switching him to primal raw we haven't had to use it at all.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, the way I have use S.Boulardii is to use 1/2 capsule in food twice a day until the diarrhea stops. Then give a maintenance dose of 1/4 capsule twice a day for about three days more. If you were to need the emergency stop instructions for the S.Boulardii, let me know and I will dig them up for you.

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I don't think it is an emergency stop situation...he can have a normal poop then a gooey one then a goose poop then come back to a gooey one. I am beginning to confuse myself with what is working and not. Yesterday morning was a gooey poop but not a totally liquid one.

I have upped the metro as per regular vet as of yesterday. I figured I could use the S Boulardii twice a day starting tomorrow. I am doing 1/4 capsule right now. Do you think I should stay with 1/4 or do 1/2? My Gosh, this cat is on an arsenal of stuff right now.

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Hi Bobbie...I should of moved this over to today's thread, so will copy and post there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.