7/16 Catcat AMPS 324,+2=170,+4.5=119,+12=105,+12.4=113,+12.8=109

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 16, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Come on down from the trees Catcat! I've heard a rumour they are serving catinis on the beach ;)

Have a great day Candy :D

3. CandyH & Catcat

will find out soon if this is an active cycle or if he's going to snooze today

AmandaE likes this.
  4. CandyH & Catcat

guess it's a tossup, and that value may be off -- had trouble getting blood, poked probably six times total, 3 different spots -- plus poked ME in the pad of middle finger, I bleed great :banghead::oops::facepalm: --Catcat fought hard but I persevered ... ;)

+2 = 170 .. at least he's dabbling in the water, not lollygagging at the high tide line

don't you think *I'm* the one who deserves the drink ???

5. CandyH & Catcat

Catcat tried out some snorkeling fins, I'm sure -- he was AWOL at +4, so we got +4.5 instead == 119

he certainly does better on 4Health or Blue Wilderness cans, than the Friskies .. I'll keep saving those for nights when I need to keep him safely away from low greens, or days when I can't be home to monitor

Tomlin and AliceMeowliss (GA) like this.
  6. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Surf's up, Catcat! Come on, buddy!

I'm still learning what food when. It's tricky.

Tomlin, AmandaE and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  7. CandyH & Catcat

he was his usual self all afternoon -- sniffing the air a lot because I had chicken thighs in the slow cooker, for him (nothin' but chicken)

went to test PMPS -- and it was 105 !!!!!!! :banghead: kicking myself for not scheduling a test after presumed nadir

he got a couple of mouthfuls of LC with his test, along with equal amount of water
    stalling --- :stop: --- :eek: --- :nailbiting: --- watching clock, deploying stuffed koi toy on a ribbon for a game of tetherball

20 minutes later -- 113 -- maybe this is a night to skip

@MrWorfMen's Mom -- advice?

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell what he's doing right now but it looks like he's at least holding. That's basically the same reading but there is a bit of food influence too. Technically you can shoot any pre-shot over 90 but you've never shot anything even close so I'd be inclined to skip tonight.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  9. CandyH & Catcat

thanks -- was thinking no-shoot number had moved down from 200 to 150 -- may be too late to shoot now, given the Lantus procedures

he's sitting next to the food bowl, can smell the chicken thighs cooling on the counter and the can of chicken&whitefish in the cabinet, which he just got a taste of

update - 20 min since last test == retest = 109

that's it, I'm feeding .. luckily have enough Lantus that I can eject the dose that was waiting

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    AliceMeowliss (GA) and AmandaE like this.
  10. MrWorfMen's Mom

You can stall longer if you choose to but it doesn't look like he's going to get to 150 anytime soon and will probably drive you crazy wanting food. The no shoot limit is 150 for new folks/those with little data. While you've been giving insulin, your data for Lantus is still limited. Over time, you can shoot lower and lower pre-shots and using SLGS the no shoot limit for those with lots of data is 90. With TR and lots of data, the no shoot limit would be 50.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  11. CandyH & Catcat

happy cat, got a stewed chicken thigh, and about a quarter can of LC food -- got a can of FF turkey/giblets to split over the next 3 hours

12. CandyH & Catcat

would be different if this were daytime, but by nightfall (9:30-10 pm local time) I'm pretty tired and not at my best -- not enthusiastic about a pj party tonight

13. MrWorfMen's Mom

I kind of figured you didn't want to stay up poking Catcat half the night! :p

14. CandyH & Catcat

it's actually only 7:49 (10 til 8) -- here now, but DH is just back from Toastmasters meeting -- with dinner for us -- I'm hungry -- just fed Catcat a quarter of his FF, and I'm looking forward to my fast-food indulgence of the week -- sourdough grilled chicken :joyful:

Catcat would not appreciate me poking him half the night either -- got those last two tests without feeding him any extra, snugged him up between my knees as I kneeled, and hung on for dear life ... growl growl growl hiss spit growl growl wriggle growl swat :mad::cat::mad::cat::mad::cat:

15. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh that sourdough grilled chicken sounds great! What fast food place is that from?

16. CandyH & Catcat

Jack in the Box -- cholesterol heaven even if grilled --

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  17. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Good night to skip, that was a low PMPS for Catcat. And now a long night of actual sleep for you. What will you do tomorrow when you are all rested up and full of energy? :eek::eek::D:D

18. MrWorfMen's Mom

Dang it! We don't have Jack in the Box here. Have to remember that for next time I get to the US. :D

19. CandyH & Catcat

must have been one of those proverbial late "no-it's-not-a-nadir" drops that I hear Lantus sometimes does at +11 or thereabouts

+3.25 from the shot he didn't get = 276

after 1/4 of a ff can at +1, another 1/4 at +2, plus the rest of the can about +3.25

y'all can sleep now .. I probably won't, too wired from all this

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  20. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

...well there won't be low numbers tonight. It is probably one of the better nights to feel relaxed. Our common goal is to keep the kittehs safe and you are doing your best.

21. AmandaE

I’ve stabbed myself in the finger SO many times! Those little things are SO sharp! I bleed forever when I get myself :p

Wise call to skip the shot tonight Candy. You wouldn’t want Catcat and Mowgli to gang up on us and drag us to taunt the sharks ;)

22. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

We used a folded paper towel on the other side of the ear - so we wouldn't get poked with the tester. That method worked very well.

Leo was the perfect patient. We dedicated a small soft green blanket for testing and dosing. We trained Leo years ago to get on the blanket and get a head rub and a treat. I would put that blanket on the floor and he would come over to it every time. I miss my little man so much.:(

23. AmandaE

I use the paper towel/ Kleenex/ cotton pad method as well. Somehow I still get poked!!

It must be so hard for you without Leo now, Jeff, but I’m so thankful that you have stuck around to help all of us out :)

JeffJ and AliceMeowliss (GA) like this.
  24. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Candy, it’s so thrilling to check back in and see such beautiful numbers for Catcat, now!!!!!!! :D Every time!

Alice had a (TR) no-shot morning then was eventually back into the red zone later! But she’s coming back down again. Catcat really does just want you to get some rest tonight, and I am sure he promises he will be good again later for you. <3

JeffJ likes this.
  25. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

To avoid getting poked with the tester, we used a 1/4 paper towel. We folded it so it was 1/4" thick - maybe 4 or 5 doubled folds. If you do that, the tester can't get to your finger. We didn't get poked in the finger for years - the method worked very well.

26. CandyH & Catcat

just to say -- I do use a folded tissue or a cotton round -- but when Catcat jerks away from me, the lancet that was poised, moves also, off the target on the ear -- and the downward motion may continue -- sometimes winds up with a slice of his ear margin, sometimes empty air -- but this time with the many movements, the pad of my middle finger was Target Zero and with the stress (high blood pressure) it was a FOUNTAIN which I had to deal with

JeffJ likes this.
  27. MrWorfMen's Mom

Have you considered getting some of those rubber finger tips used for filing through papers? They provide a non skid surface, are soft on kitty's ear and help protect your finger.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  28. CandyH & Catcat

good idea! I've been clamping down pretty hard to keep him STILL -- gentle persuasion doesn't work -- have had to deploy the sampling spoon often, but getting that prick in before he escapes, is worthy of a few frames of vintage comedies ... amazing how flat he can fold his ears

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  29. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

When Little Dude folds his ears down, I think they actually morph into his skin.Thank gawd he is not diabetic. :eek::eek:

30. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing as Amanda, thank you for being here Jeff.
    :bighug: :bighug: to you and Theresa. How is Little Dude doing?

JeffJ likes this.
  31. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks. We are adjusting still, and the grief comes in waves. Little Dude is doing quite well. He seems to be bonding with Theresa more. He goes into the bedroom at night and jumps up in bed with the doglets. He always slept in the living room with Leo. So our little orange man seems to be finding his new way. We are happy for him.:bighug::bighug::bighug: