7/17 Ming (wearing Libre) PMPS = 76, +1 = 79, +2 = 43, +2.5 = 81. +3 = 68, +5 = 50

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. Crista & Ming

After 1 tbsp of FF + honey = 81 @ +2.5

+3 = 68
    Libre = 110 but I'm pretty sure it's because Ming's BG is going down quickly.

I also had an error message that said: Glucose reading is unavailable. Try scanning again in 10 minutes. I thought, oh no!!!!!!!! I must have dislodged it or something when I was picking Ming up. But I waited maybe 3 minutes and scanned again and it was fine. I did a quick google search and people get these messages after a shower it seems. Maybe it was because I jostled Ming around.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Maybe, maybe not. I can think of a couple other reasons too.
    Nice concentration. I would ask your vet on the UPCR. Depends what the history is there too. We didn't until it went to +3.

4. Crista & Ming

Reasons like pred, Ming learning Lev, etc.? I'm just always curious what IAA breaking looks like.

Yes, I think I will on Sunday when the Main Vet returns. I'm determined to collect Ming's pee before then :p

5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Looks like Ming and Mowgli were in Cahoots for their +2's... whats up with that!?

Smarten up you two!!

Crista & Ming likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Learning Lev usually means some nice flatter cycles. You can get some dose reductions due to breaking glucose toxicity. Reduced pred dosing usually means less insulin too. IAA is more like a wild roller coaster ride.

7. Crista & Ming

Ah I see. Not to mention me giving reduced doses and then going back up which I believe could create momentum for bounce breaking cycles, I guess?

Edit: oh and the depot of course.

Anyway, I'll take the nice numbers even if it means having to feed the cycle :)

AmandaE likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

The thing about IAA breaking, is that you can get a number of back to back reductions. You end up with a way overfull depot. Check out Sebastian's condo today - known IAA. In that case, you err on the side of extreme caution. Antibodies can randomly release a bunch of insulin.

9. Crista & Ming

@Wendy&Neko I just read both Sebastian and Tucker's condos and :eek::eek::eek: Although I don't see the wild roller coaster pattern with Ming, it has gotten myself very scared and now I'm projecting this fear onto Ming lol. Any further thoughts/insights on what I'm doing for Ming in terms of dosing? I've been feeding him small amounts of FF w/ honey whenever I see him start diving right at the beginning of the cycle even if we're in the green 60s because I know we got a long way to go.

10. Wendy&Neko

I wouldn't call it wild roller coaster yet either. Just make sure you take reductions if earned, and at this point, by 0.5 units at a time. I would reduce tomorrow. When IAA is breaking, you don't worry about back to back reductions, just do them. You also do lots of BCS to drain the depot. If in doubt, be cautious. Always better to go back up if the reduction fails. I was able to spot a three cycle pattern that told me Neko was about to ask for a reduction. Made life a bit easier.

11. Crista & Ming

That was my thinking too! Thanks Wendy, as always!

+5 = 50 (OneTouch)
    Libre = 74

I've taken out the hard stuff: 1 tbsp HC w/ a tiny bit of honey just to boost the number temporarily. And partly because he's got a long way to go and I don't want to feed so much. I'm surprised he's still eating because my mom fed him just half an hour ago (LC food). I yelled "NOOOOOO" when I heard him smacking on food when I went downstairs to look for him haha!!! I spoke to my mom and said let's tell each other when we're feeding the cat. :joyful::facepalm:

12. Crista & Ming

I wonder if Ming's PMPS was not 76. My mom shot and she didn't use the regular glucometer. My fault because I didn't inform her to use the glucometer. I hope it was above 50... oh well. I drank coffee and I'm ready to stay up.