7/17 Sebastian AMPS 151 +2 113 +4 41 +5 57 +7 37 +8 66 +9 46 +11.75 41 PMPS 39

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Justin & Sebastian, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS 151, ketones 0.2, 10lbs 9oz

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice blue start

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow Sebastian! :cool::D Have a great day Justin!

4. Justin & Sebastian

113@+2. He hasn't had much appetite yet today and only ate a few bites for breakfast.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

What a nice start today for Sebastian! I hope he slides a little further and surfs some greens. Hopefully his appetite will improve throughout the day :)

6. Justin & Sebastian

41@+4. 2tsp HCG. Going to reduce dose again tonight.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

He is on a mission now that he found food that his body likes. Good luck with the reduction.

Made your point Sebastian - time to come back up now.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  8. Justin & Sebastian

57@+5

He's actually not eating the raw lamb right now. He had been throwing up once a day for the past few days, at first it was just fur but the past couple it was largely the lamb, so he's not really keen on eating it right now and I'm back on the turkey and duck licked up from the syringe. My wife found the Chewy's has a brand of freeze dried raw food morsels of rabbit so we're going to try those.

9. Justin & Sebastian

37@+7. 3tsp HCG

10. Justin & Sebastian

66@+8, 46@+9, 2 more tsp HCG

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a good protein to try. Turkey is good - Jones was exclusively on that. Wonder if it was just the beef (?) from before??

There is something that is going right - what ever that is - fingers crossed it continues.

12. Justin & Sebastian

41@+11.75. Going to wait 15 and test him again to see which way he's headed. I was already planning on doing a heavily reduced dose tonight, going to bring it down to 3u.

Yeah it seems like the beef was the cause of the diarrhea. Seems like I'm going to need to get several different types of meat on hand to rotate frequently.

13. Justin & Sebastian

PMPS 39. Went ahead and fed him and shot 3. And he just had some pudding poop.

14. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Justin, I'm very worried to see this. Please understand, I am not being critical, but you have had a tough time all day keeping him up. Looks like he means business, and that PMPS is very troubling to have shot. Even the most experienced members would not have done any dose until numbers were above 50. I know you will be monitoring him, but IMHO opinion, you should be prepared to take him to the vet if his numbers don't come up. He may very well need help via glucose drip there. He may be also getting dehydrated if he is having diarrhea. The shot is done, so you can't take it back, but please be careful tonight. And I would strongly suggest you don't shoot numbers like these again, it really isn't worth doing this at the risk of possibly doing irreparable harm to your cat.

If my opinion doesn't count I have tagged a few more experienced members.
    @Wendy&Neko , @Bobbie And Bubba , @Jill & Alex (GA)

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yikes! Justin, please don’t ever shoot that low again ! And as Amanda said, especially when he had pudding poo!

Please get. + 1 and proceed and make sure you have higher carb food and plenty of test strips. And I pray he is hungry in case you need to steer.

Zorro's mom likes this.
  16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yikes, even the most experienced person here never shoots below 50. :eek: The first half of the cycle can still be very busy due to the depot. Put on a pot of coffee, get the phone number of the nearest ER vet ready, make sure you have transportation just in case. Lantus overdoses can go on for 16 hours. Did you read Tucker’s post today?

Get rid of the low carb, and see if he will eat high carb laced with karo.

Don’t wait for +1, test in 30 minutes. If he doesn’t eat or doesn’t come up, be ready to head out the door, while giving karo on route.

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Better yet! Thanks Wendy

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Justin, even though you shot a reduced dose, the 1st 1/2 of this cycle is still under the influence of the higher dose. Please ! Be vigilant. And as Wendy , suggested , don’t wait for the+1. Get a 30 minute test. Please post as his Aunties are worried.

19. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Justin,
    Please put the coffee on strong, and be ready to take him to the vet, if he goes down.

20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm happy to see that 67 on the spreadsheet, but hope there's been some more tests since then.

The thing about an IAA cat, caution is key. The antibodies can randomly grab or release their hold on the insulin. When doses start going down, they can do so fast! In spite of the fact that this could be the remnants of the 5.0 depot and you've barely been on the 4.5 unit dose a couple cycles, I would reduce his dose again by 0.5 units. If he isn't up much by AM, do another BCS reduced dose.

21. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member