7-18-19 Jones AMPS 223, +5 245 PMPS 256

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Previous

No gooey poop overnight. I forgot to close his feeder when I stirred it at +5 - his sister ate it all.:blackeye::banghead:

So I am not surprised his AMPS is so high due to not getting his usually late cycle snack plus it was a good run of blue yesterday, maybe even green, that may have caused a bounce.

Talked with his regular vet, he is confusing as he will throw out a good poop and then today has a total goose poop. His IM visit is on Friday. His regular vet thinks we should increase the metronidazole for 7 days. This is now the max dose for him. To maybe increase the prednisolone again but wait to see what the metro will do. If he becomes stable then try to reduce the metro dose again. Will need to see what the IM vet thinks as well.

@Doodles & Karen
    Thank you for the information - I will give it twice a day and see what happens.
    It isn't like it is liquid poo most times but it isn't a hard log either.

On the food front...I have added in a 1/4 can of FF Chicken to his RC Recovery and 16% contraband topper. I mixed the FFC and RC really good so he couldn't choose one over the other. Hope that doesn't upset the tummy but vet is thinking we need to add some fiber to his food as the RC doesn't have a lot. I am not even going type how his appy is as I am pleasantly surprised. The sad thing is watching him losing weight while eating well.:( I so wish he would eat raw. The YA should be available starting tomorrow as my sister brought it with her - not sure how to introduce that vs. the 16% without tummy upset. I will wait until I at least see a week of consistent good poo.

It is hot here...we are heading into day 3 of 30 above. We also have company coming, Sister from Houston and friends from Ontario, so we will be busy over the next few days.

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Some vets will use tylosin for diarrhea instead of metronidazole.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jones come back down today. Good luck trying to balance everything out and find something that works for Jones. Sending prayers.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Thank you for the information. I will bring that up as it seems to be a better medication for felines for long-term high dose situations based upon my initial findings.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, that's one of the advantages. :)

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I don't think it is an emergency stop situation...he can have a normal poop then a gooey one then a goose poop then come back to a gooey one. I am beginning to confuse myself with what is working and not. Yesterday morning was a gooey poop but not a totally liquid one.

I have upped the metro as per regular vet as of yesterday. I figured I could use the S Boulardii twice a day starting tomorrow. I am doing 1/4 capsule right now. Do you think I should stay with 1/4 or do 1/2? My Gosh, this cat is on an arsenal of stuff right now.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

hmmm, he is sure not consistent in the poop department. I would probably stay with 1/4 capsule twice a day until he has shown you that his bowels are back to normal. Also, it will help since he is on an AB . S.Boularddi is one probiotic that you can give at the same time as an AB.

Have you tried plain Kefir? It is something I have added daily to my arsenal of things being giving daily. I have a schedule of what is given in which meal.........what we do for these cats!

Here is a link all about kefir and how to introduce it to kitties. It is from Foodfurlife.com.
    Kefir

And also from that site is all about diarrhea and how to treat. Good read and talks about S.Boularrdii and if you go to about the middle of the page it discusses emergency stop usage.

Diarrhea

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

It is a full time job, on top of the other full time job I do!

I just hope this flare settles soon.

ETA: Thanks Bobbie!

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

upload_2018-7-18_9-50-30.jpeg

I saw this and spit out my coffee!

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

High and flat...

Just found out I forgot his shot again! Man!

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

No I didn't forget his shot. Had a really gross watery poo at t/f/s time. It smelled gross. He looks like he is losing even more weight. I am emotionally exhausted with worry.

He is high and climbing and I have no idea why unless there is a big inflammation going on or it could be just a bounce. I am going to look at the link again..see what home food I can offer.

I can't fix anything tonight so I am going to a family BBQ and see my sis from Houston. Will be back late tonight.

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

13. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Mate.

Hugs to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.