7/18 Loudogg AMPS 112 +2.75 54 +4 38! +4.33 56 +5 109 +6 81 +7 91 +8.5 133 PMPS 352

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

July 17, 2018 Condo

Morning everyone,
    I have absolutely NO idea what is going on with this kid. He's been pretty predictable as far as the beginning of his cycles go. The rest of the cycle, however, can be a bit of a crap shoot at times. Lately he's been breaking his bounces quicker, after not going up as high. Wonderful news right?! He coasted in blues yesterday after I thought he would make it back to the lagoon. This morning, his AMPS was 112. I am home today, and I usually test at +3 because his BGs always go up before starting to come back down between +3 and +4. He was at 54 at +2.75! I understand cats leading this dance, but apparently he can't even have some basics down that would help me ensure he stays safe. :banghead: I'm flummoxed as to why this normal is changing. I am just hoping it's him finally settling in to depot life... :confused:

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope your kitties surf safely!

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

+4 = 38 (Soo early in the cycle for this!)

Gave a dot of Karo and 1 tsp HC food (no idea the % right now). Ate all of his and stole most of his sister's. Will retest in 15-20 minutes.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  3. Amanda and a Loudogg

+4.33 (20 minutes after last check) = 56

It's still early in the cycle. Gave a bigger drop (I doubt much got in the first time, as I tried to rub on gums) of Karo mixed with 1 tsp 15% HC food. Apparently Bella doesn't like this food (shocking!), so Lou ate her tsp as well. Will retest in 30 minutes (+5).

I will need to start thinking about what he will need for insulin tonight. Do I just lower dose to 3.25u, skip (since he may be more sensitive), or give a lower dose like 3u or lower?

His only symptom so far is ravenous hunger. Just for my own FYI - what point do you bring to ER? When any other symptoms start?

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

+5 = 109

Apparently I'm only keeping this log for myself, but I'll update anyway. Looks like we're in the clear for now. I'll be rechecking again in an hour. I'm assuming from the protocols that I only lower to 3.25u instead of skipping or decreasing any further.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'd reduce tonight, Amanda. I believe the general advice is an immediate reduction of 0.25 u if you have a lime green under 40.

I truly understand the stress that an unpredictable kitty causes! :confused:

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you didn't really experience a hypo. The word hypo is thrown around a lot. What you saw was a low number. You did not see any symptoms of a hypo, such as not being able to stand or walk, seizures, etc. You would need to think about bringing the cat to the ER if you are unable to boost the numbers or when you start seeing symptoms. I see you were able to get him up within 20 minutes so that's good.

Congratulations on the reduction!! :D

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Besides being a cat, he's got the random nature of antibodies in there, enough to drive anyone crazy! :cat::confused:

I see the karo wore off. :rolleyes: Definitely reduce tonight. If he doesn't way o stay safe, out might want to consider another strategy, just for tonight's dose.

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Thanks all! I will be lowering him to 3.25u starting tonight. I have to admit I'm surprised at how he surfed for a bit afterwards. I'll be interested to see how he bounces from this. Although not to be confused with looking forward to him bouncing, haha. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.