7/19 Ravan/amps129/+2 120/+7 88/pmps60/+4 71/+9 118/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jul 19, 2019.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Not a bad start today considering the NS last night!
    I have no advice re Peggy Sue....just these :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. JoyBee&Ravan

Does anyone have any thoughts why Ravan's BG went so low last night? ( he ate an entire can of FF gravy & barely came up ) He hasn't been acting right for over a week. Not interested in eating,sleeping more & running away when I call to test him.
    I'm hoping this isn't something else going on? I lowered his dose to .5. Everytime I lowered to .5 before he went too high. I'll see what he does this time.
    Now my Alice is vomiting this morning. She never vomits!
    Peggy Sue is the same, still eating & coming to me to talk at night. It's difficult with one being sick, but all three :(

[​IMG]

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Ravan is feeling better today. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

We cross posted. Maybe whatever is making Alice vomit is affecting Ravan too. I hope it's just a passing thing and they feel better soon. Sending prayers.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh my! What's going on over there? Do you think it's possible Ravan is upset that the other kids are sick? Possibly something is up with food? All three at once are acting funny???? Very strange indeed...

I sure hope it all settles down soon - got any SEB on hand? Will anyone even have a lick of that??

Sending you 'feel better' vines for the kids...gotta be having a stressful day there JoyBee! Hang in there...hope you can stay inside and stay cool today! :bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Please make sure it isn't food. If they are all three affected, that could definitely be it.

I remember opening a FF can about 3 months ago. The can looked fine, and it popped fine. But the food color was wrong for that food (ie brown instead of pink). The cans are cheap, so I just threw it out.

I hope you find and remedy the illness root cause.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's a combination of heat and humidity and barometric pressure? Judy's Boomer is not acting himself today either, they were under tornado warnings for a while. @Judy and Boomer Also Leo went lime after +6 today and to my knowledge that's a first for him, his usual nadir is around +3.

I hope you get things figured out Joy. Poor kitties. :bighug: And poor you, it's been non stop something everyday.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  10. JoyBee&Ravan

They eat a variety of different food. Raw ,lightly cooked & canned. Chicken,beef & turkey. I don't think it's the food. Ravan has just no be eating very good. Peggy Sue is eating good & not vomiting. Alice is the only one that vomited.
    It seems each cat is having a different problem! ( now that I'm thinking about it ,I added Alnutrin supplement to Alice's food. I'm pretty sure that's why she vomited.)

I'm wondering why Ravan's bg went so low suddenly ? He ate an entire can of FF with gravy & it took a long time for his bg to go above 40's. I thought it was strange. I've only skipped his shot once before.

JeffJ and Sonia & Leo like this.
  11. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug: My Alice threw up today too. Weird day. I’m sorry everyone is sick. That must be extra difficult.

Sonia & Leo and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

That's interesting. I was thinking maybe that is what's causing some problems with our kitties?

13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Ya, it causes problems for humans so why not our fur-babies too.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  14. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Boomer was fine until I took him into the basement; he's normally not allowed down there and the door was closed and it freaked him out. The rest of the day he slept through the thunder:rolleyes:

Sonia & Leo and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  15. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I don't know why he dropped and stayed down. But he is a far cry from last year's rainbow colored chart - with virtually perfect numbers these days.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

If you are worried, you could always start doing a skinny dose to get his numbers slightly higher. I was always conservative dosing Leo...resulting in some higher BG numbers.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  16. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Message for today is so true.

Raven had a nice day today.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.