? 7/2 Radar amps 264 +3/222 - how to determine a good vacation dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan Radar (GA), Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

my last post

I haven't posted in a couple of days partly because my sister's cat, Lovie, has basically stolen the spotlight with her white knuckle race down the dosing scale over the pats few days. :eek: Her dose has been reduced 3 times in the last 7 days. :nailbiting:

Radar is eating normally. :cat:
    He is grooming and playing and purring. :cat:
    The LB had soft and really smelly poo this morning. I gave him pumpkin to try to help him out in that area...

I need to know if there are any guidelines people use when determining a safety dose to use while the family is on vacation. Radar will be at the vet's office for a week while we are out of town. Although I have asked them to be consistent about the timing of his doses I don't think they are very consistent. He tends to not eat very well at the vet's office in spite of being in a very lovely kitty condo by the window. Last time we were out of town, I reduced his dose by 1 unit.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. :bighug: Thanks in advance.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Any testing going to be done at the vet's office? Will they be in contact with you if they have questions or will they make dosing decisions on their own? When are you leaving? Just wondering how much data you'll have on his current dose before you go.

In general, you want a dose where he'll be safe, meaning probably no greens. You also want a dose that's easy to draw, so on the line. A slightly lower dose if he won't eat sounds like a good idea.

You can post here a couple of days before you leave and ask for suggestions on petsitter dose.

Jan Radar (GA) likes this.
  3. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

I drop him off at the vet's office in 7 days so I have plenty of time to see what the current dose is doing. But I also need time to drain the depot before he is dropped off. I will post on Friday or so to get some suggestions for a petsitter dose. Thanks.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Radar is eating and playing. I hope his poo firms up. Sending prayers.

Lovie's Mom likes this.
  5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good report for the most part. Good luck on the poo front.

I always seemed to have to wait to the last minute as Jones does a last minute reduction on me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.