? 7/20 Luci AMPS 246,2+204 ,4+167,7+198 ,PMPS 304, 2+235, 4+205 Consider fat dosing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - She took the day off?

Luci sure didn't do anything with her dose yesterday...maybe today? I think she took the day off from lagooning...We're at 12 cycles with this new dose and only one visit to the lagoon mid way through this 12 cycles - is this where I could consider learning about fat doses? I've read in other's condos about this but am not clear how much I'd increase - for seven months we've only done .25 increments in either direction. Suggestions? Thoughts?

At 7+ I'm counting - 14 cycles and only ONE visit to the lagoon...I'm really hoping to hear from someone about fat dosing...she seems to want to dive, dive, dive when I go up to 1.75 or 2...what does it take on the calipers to get just a smidgen more insulin into her? Would 1.85 for the next 14 cycles help? Hurt? @Shawna & Davidson - I know you're a fat/thin doser - what do you think? Luci is getting nowhere with this dose...what about in the morning we go up to 1.85???

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I have never done fat or skinny dosing.
    @Wendy&Neko can give you her opinion.

Luci, you look better in greens and blues. ;)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

It definitely wouldn't hurt to try fat and/or skinny dosing. Especially since the full dose increases/decreases aren't hitting the spot. I think it just means you go a little past the line for fat does and a little under the line for skinny dosing. I found the following in the SYRINGE & INSULIN INFO: HANDLING, DRAWING, & FINE DOSES sticky.

Fine dose gradations:
    • 0.5U = exactly half a unit
    • 0.4U = skinny 0.5 touching the line
    • 0.3U = skinny 0.5 with daylight under the line
    • 0.2U = fat zero with daylight over the line
    • 0.1U = fat zero barely touching the line
    I hope that helps! I hope Luci will start working that dose in the meantime!

4. Sue and Luci

Ok, that's good to know - however I use a calipers...so I can increment either way in the tiniest of portions - the calipers helps with that since it's digital and i can increase/decrease by as little as .1 on the calipers...those syringes are the worst IMHO...the lines are all over the place. I was advised to get calipers a while back to increase the accuracy of dosing so I'm not trying to eyeball it...It may have been @Wendy&Neko who advised calipers. I've had such a difficult time getting her regulated....I'm willing to try anything...

5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I actually went and got the calipers and I've saved some "perfectly" aligned syringes to get my measurements, but I haven't gotten around to getting it done so I can use them. :oops: It's been busy around here with finalizing the house purchase and Lou's craziness. I only seem to think about it when it's time to draw up a dose. :facepalm: It's the same with auto-feeders. We bought a couple a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten them ready to go either. I really need to get my act together. :blackeye:

6. Sue and Luci

Sounds like our house! Procrastination...it'll get ya every time :p:joyful::joyful:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would increase to 1.75 units. I saved fat/skinny dosing for when I wanted to just tweak the nadirs down a tiny bit of a dose that was already pretty good. TR says to hold doses 3-5 days with green nadirs. Expiry date has passed on this dose. Actually, I would have increased back up to 1.75 units back on the night of the 16th, cause by then Luci had shown the reduction had failed.

8. Sue and Luci

Ok, I'll increase this morning - and I've got to say I'm pretty confused. I thought I was supposed to hold her dose for 8-10 cycles because she's so bouncy...I'll make a note on her SS and will be ready to (hopefully) change he dosage the next time she's at the 6th cycle without any green. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.