7/21 Catcat AMPS 254,+2=210,+4.75=199,+9=212,PMPS 244,+3=162

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 21, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

AEHawkeye likes this.
  2. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I feel like you test enough to try TR - just food for thought! But I think next time you have a PS shot that is lower than 150, I would try shooting. You can see Catcat starts going up when you skip a shot. You can always test at +11, see if Catcat is trending up and if she is, then it should be safe to shoot :)

AmandaE and Sue and Luci like this.
  3. AEHawkeye

AEHawkeye Member

Fingers crossed for good numbers!

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Hope the new dose works out well.

In Austin, our July summers are 95-100 everyday. So we get used to it as much as possible.

5. CandyH & Catcat

in the 'Seattle area' -- we try to maintain the fiction that it is always cool and rainy ..

we do, however, get a few days of Summer .. a few in May, a few in July, and maybe a week in August

it also rains -- fogs -- dews -- clouds over so there might be an hour of sun -- there's a good reason they call this the Evergreen State
    not only because there are many firs, pines, and laurel bushes .. and rampant blackberries

I do have two fans running already -- house is designed as passive solar, south wall all windows, so it gets a bit warm up here in the loft

6. CandyH & Catcat

so far so good, heading in the right direction but not too fast --

of course the depot is influencing this ..

c'mon Catcat, saunter down the beach and sniff the nice cool water; you've lost your winter fur, but it's still going to get HOT

AmandaE likes this.
  7. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose!

At almost noon here, the temp is 94 with a real feel of 104

8. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Good luck! And hope you have air conditioning with that forecast, wow.

9. CandyH & Catcat

heat pump supplies some a/c to main floor -- basement stays at 55 pretty much year round -- no a/c in the loft, I have two small fans running, can run exhaust fan, and have a couple more fans if we need it here that badly -- have survived 97 + 98% humidity in Oklahoma, 117 in Sacramento (a bit drier but not desert dry)

I can always take laptop downstairs or to basement .. got wifi

Perry & Jenn and JeffJ like this.
  10. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Our family is from Seattle. My great grandparents moved to the northwest and settled in different areas. I think back then, they allowed pioneers to occupy and manage land - homesteading. I sure liked the summers there. The winters, not so much.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  11. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

LOOOOVE Seattle :)! So beautiful there! Even with rain, its got such a great vibe & energy!

12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm coming in late, but it looks like Catcat decided to take a breather from the beach today - I hope he returns soon...otherwise back up to .75...don't wait too long to see those numbers coming down...check your protocol for how many cycles to wait before going back up... :)

13. CandyH & Catcat

we'll see how it goes in the next couple of days, I've found with Catcat, there is a certain adjustment period before the new routine stabilizes -- saw this sort of thing before when on Vetsulin and was varying the dosage in cooperation with those more experienced .. at least with Lantus we aren't getting the extremes of reactions, actually I'm happy enough that he pretty much stayed below renal threshold

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. CandyH & Catcat

well, it was a middle beach day, got his toes in the water for a little bit anyway, no drastic drops, he must have been beachcombing

fur looked damp after the PM shot -- didn't notice any odor, and my hands tend to be sweaty, so we'll see about that too, later

sticking with standard LC food -- 4Health turkey/giblets tonight -- see what happens, don't expect any drastic drops then either

it IS nicer to have a mark on the syringe to line up with .. still having some aftereffects after life events the last couple of days, so will put off trying calipers until tomorrow or so ... would hate to drop them or shake too much to read or dial up and down

15. CandyH & Catcat

so ... maybe this is the first hopeful sign of the dose reduction? +3 = 162 ... he'll get the rest of the can of LC food when I finally make it to bed, half an hour or so; he's got probably an hour and a half til nadir but even if he drops another 80 points he'll still be OK ..

JeffJ likes this.
  16. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It may be worthwhile getting a +4 value if you are still up. We just want to make sure. Based on his previous patterns and the the new lower dose, he probably will be fine. I would also give him the food as normal.

17. CandyH & Catcat

I normally do feed him a larger meal/snack around +3.5 at night, otherwise he is too hungry in the morning and may upchuck bile

plus he bounces higher if I feed him only tablespoonfuls then

JeffJ likes this.
  18. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Leo used to do that too. When he was without food for 4 - 5 hours at night, always a little bile puke.

19. CandyH & Catcat

ten PM til just after 6 AM -- he's entitled -- I may save a little back and put it out when I make the usual o-dark-thirty stumble to the commode

tough to get old but beats the alternative

nope on the +4 -- I'm too tired, not sure I could focus well enough to find his ear; he got us up awfully early this morning, sometime before 5

JeffJ likes this.
  20. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I'm old too. These sugar kittehs keep us on our toes.

21. CandyH & Catcat

Catcat seems to have gotten tired waiting for more food, he headed out to the shrubby property line to hunt shrews

his one dish is almost a "singing bowl" -- I'll hit it with a spoon, see if he returns (often he will)

ETA -- he did, he's chowing down on the food now

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  22. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. We do the same thing with ceramic bowls. They really respond.

23. CandyH & Catcat

looking forward to seeing what sort of AMPS is waiting for me, tomorrow morning -- Catcat has finished his mug-up and departed outside again to see what critters the barncats didn't already catch

JeffJ likes this.