7/24/19 Olive AMPS 203; +7=129; PMPS 135; +4.5=115

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Caber 292

Ollie doing well. Can't say she likes being in playpen all day. As soon as I walk in door she starts chirping to want out, then just wants petting and scritches. She's a tough cookie though.

Hope everyone is well and safe. I try to look in on all when I can. Tomorrow Ollie and I head home and I will go back to commuting.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    LizzieInTexas and Perry & Jenn like this.
  2. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Happy to hear Olive is doing well :bighug:
    @Olive & Paula ... a playpen? :rolleyes:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Ollie is dealing with things well. Sending prayers for DH.

4. Olive & Paula

Yes the enclosed puppy playpen. Its been invaluable. She is safe while I'm out of motel room. And with her microchip feeder she can eat when she wants. I will have to get a pic of it with everything in it. Plenty of room. It would also be great for a recuperating kitty.

Attached Files:

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Cute pics
    Sending prayers:bighug::bighug:

6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Paula!

Olive is really living a VIP lifestyle, her own private suite inside a private suite ;) I’m glad the playpen is working out so well for her :)

Commuting will be tough but at the same time I’m sure you and Ollie will be happy to spend some time at home. I hope your DH will be able to join you at home sooner than later :)

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Olive had a great cycle yesterday! Happy to see that she surfed the blues! I'm sure she's perfectly fine being in the playpen; she's just happy to see you when you come "home".
    Have the doctors given you any idea as to when your DH will be able to go home? Or is he likely to be transferred back to the other hospital?

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

That Playpen is such a good idea! It's just great Olive likes it. I think my cats would go bonkers & try to shred the sides to get out!
    Smart Ollie! She understands it's to protect her. :)
    [​IMG]

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Olive & Paula

No news yet on discharge. The first hospital said 10 days but that when they thought they could do the surgery. At this hospital nothing has been said yet. PT just came up and took him for walk in hall to see how he does.

10. Judy and Boomer

Sounds like he's making good progress!

11. Olive & Paula

Only thing about this motel is the provider for the cable/satellite keeps cutting channels. There are only 20 channels to watch and yesterday they cut NBC so I couldn't even watch AGT.

It's convenient, can pull right up to door, easy for loading and unloading, inexpensive, has a fridge, microwave (which is handy).

I went to Super 8 across the street, but they don't allow cats. Dogs yes but cats no, they smell to much they say.

I checked out Best Western, across the highway, no guarantee you get a frdge, only access is through lobby, so it would be many trips to unload and load back up. $25 dollars a day for pets. They only have a few rooms for pets and they said they are booked all the time.

Sonia & Leo and Judy and Boomer like this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

No LaQuinta around? At least pets stay for free...

It's getting more difficult to find nice hotels that allow pets...:(

Best to you and your family there - hope DH continues to improve! Walking down the hall is a good sign!

13. Judy and Boomer

Maybe there will be a cancellation at the hotel you're at currently.

14. Olive & Paula

Is LaQuinta name of hotel? The place I'm staying, pets are free. I'm leaving tomorrow. Husband doing well I can go back to commuting.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  15. Olive & Paula

Apparently there is a dog show and every hotel this close is booked. Thank goodness this isn't during the fair, traffic would be backed up for hours and lodging will be sold out within 60+ mile radius.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  16. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, LaQuinta is like Holiday Inn - just another chain - but unlike Holiday Inn, all LaQuinta's have a pets stay free policy. Many HI's charge $$ for pets to stay.

17. Olive & Paula

Maybe filling her feeder and letting her graze is helping instead of scheduled meals. Will have to continue this at home.

Sonia & Leo and Perry & Jenn like this.
  18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Olive is looking great for a hotel dose. Bet she will be happy to be home. Safe travels tomorrow.

19. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Like Wendy said....Olive is looking great, considering everything going on.
    Hope your hubby behaves himself and gets to come home soon!