7/25 Rocky - amps 457, +6 376, +9.5 354, pmps 422, +4 226, +6 240

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jim (NJ), Jul 25, 2019.

1. Jim (NJ)

Jim (NJ) Member

Old Thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-dose-1u-at-time-toofast.217141/#post-2411420

Looks like Rocky's ravenous appetite has started to subsided now with getting him off the dry & all the carbs. He did not eat his +6 2oz FF Natural last night or much of today's +6. Still managed to eat the almost the whole 3oz can FF Classic pate for his preshots. I am going to reduce his portion for now but if he finishes it all then I will offer more if he wants it.

Tomlin and AmandaE like this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's great news that Rocky's appetite is reducing. I guess he's feeling fuller on the wet. Come on down Rocky, let's see a nice PMPS again.

Once you've made a complete transition to low carb wet food, you should take a look at the dosing methods sticky note and decide which one you want to use. It looks like Rocky could go up to 4.25 units, but the dosing method you choose will determine when you do it. And I'd wait until after today to see if the food switch impacts him more first. I like what it's doing so far, but Rocky isn't quite there yet.

Tomlin and AmandaE like this.
  3. Jim (NJ)

Jim (NJ) Member

PMPS 422 .. I think I will go with TR when the time is right. He just went back for 2nd's to finish his whole 3oz can :)

I picked up some B12 today to see if it helps him at all. Put one drop into his food. I need to do some more research on the recommended dose for a cat.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  4. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

5. Wendy&Neko

I think TR would be great for Rocky. It will help you get him out of these high numbers faster.

For the B12, lookup Zobaline, and see how much B12 there is per dose.

6. Jim (NJ)

Jim (NJ) Member

pmps +4 226 ... wow, amazing.. He went back for 3rd's on his pate right before the test too.

His peeing rate and waster consumption has seemed to go down too. No poo in 2 days tho, I was thinking of picking up some canned pumpkin tomorrow to aid in his constipation. Any other suggestions and is that normal with low carb?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  7. Wendy&Neko

The go to website https://felineconstipation.org/

Are you adding water to his wet food? Some cats have GI upset with food change, some don't. Pumpkin or babyfood squash is a good idea.

Any chance of a later test tonight? Low yellows is awesome!

8. Jim (NJ)

Jim (NJ) Member

pmps +6 240 .. Yes we add in some water and he has been drinking on his own, just not the gallons like he was. Rocky has always seemed to love water, drinks it like a fish. I will pickup both pumpkin/baby squash to try tomorrow to see if either help. Excited to see what tomorrow brings :) Goodnight all

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  9. Wendy&Neko

He might bounce due to lows he’s not used to. I love the progress now though. :)