? 7/30 Faye amps 349 pmms 439@ +3=290 @+5=297 Question :why pmps always higher than amps?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fafa's mum, Jul 29, 2019.

1. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/help-for-fa-please.217330/#post-2414849

We are at learning stage of TR and only started to do shots at fixed 12 hours apart 2 days ago. What can we do with not being able to shot at +12 if not sliding scale? We can do a +2 at the morning and in the evening we can do up to +6 the best

Any advice/ suggestion is appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

question updated: pmps is much higher than amps (especially these two days ) is it indication of anything?

we will be doing a curve test tomorrow if we can manage (there will be delivery of dishwasher tomorrow so it's posdible to affect the BG but it's my day off tomorrow until Saturday when we plan to go to vet with curve figures )

We will try to check +3 +5 tonight as I like to make sure her BG does go down.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Hi Faye!

I don’t have any experience with TR but maybe if you describe what your work schedule is like some people might have some tips for you. Another suggestion I have is for you to change your title so that everyone knows you have a question.

If you go to the top of your post there is an “Edit Title” link at the top right. It will give you a form you can fill out. On the left hand side there is a drop down where you can choose a blue ‘?’ Icon.

I would change to text of your title to say something along the lines of “07/30 Faye AMPS 349 Question about shooting on a schedule greater than 12 hours apart”
    I have read about members that use various shooting schedules but I’m not sure how to do it.

There is also a post somewhere about people who work and follow TR. I will look for that for you :)

I hope Fa slides down and surfs safely for you :)

3. AmandaE

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Reason for edit: Eta
  4. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks very much Amanda. :) I have changed it.

AmandaE likes this.
  5. AmandaE

Looks awesome! I hope you’ll catch some more attention, it’s a complicated one so many people won’t have the experience to help. I’m going to head to bed, but I will check in tomorrow and if no one has chimed in I will tag some people that might have a little insight :)

6. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thank you very much Amanda.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Is not being able to shoot 12 hours apart an ongoing thing or is it just every so often?

8. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Not ongoing but just if it happens

I did not stick to 12 hours before as I believed we could do sliding scale until yesterday I read somewhere in the forum that lantus should not use sliding scale.

I can stick to 12 hours but just want to know what to do if it suddenly something comes up and I cannot.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That’s correct. No sliding scale for Lantus.
    Stay with the same dose unless the BG level is too low to shoot, you have earned a reduction or you need to increase.
    If it only happens occasionally it should be fine. Depends how long though. If it’s just an hour just go back to the normal time the next dose. If it’s several hours I would post and ask what to do about the next shot, time wise. It might be easier to do an 18:18 hour described in the attached link above. . Does that make sense?

10. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Yes all makes sense now. I just read the info from the link. It's good to know. Thank you :)

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sliding scale will not work. Nor will too great of an adjustment in schedule be feasible. The difficulty is the way the depot works. If you shoot too far off schedule, you can end up with the nadir from one cycle overlapping either the nadir or onset of the next cycle. This can result is very low numbers that you are struggling to manage.

If you are going to be far off schedule, it's best to skip or possibly to shoot for 2 days at +18 which will bring you back to your usual shot time.

12. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks for the info. I am trying my very vest now to do +12 shot now since two days ago. I asked for just in case and it's good to know about +18 shot.