7/31 Chloe AMBG 144 Day 8 +4 74 PMBG 97 + 3 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jul 31, 2019.

1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterdays' Condo

Good Morning.
    Still cant get away from these morning blue numbers. Have no idea what to do since she is green all day.
    Just wondering what's up with that. I took out my old pet feeders and will try and set that up and see if she will eat in the middle of the night and bring her am numbers down. Open to suggestions!!!
    And now of course she is not devouring the new food I bought on the weekend. Grrr. Need to figure this out again.

Spoke with vet tech and they are not interested in changing her prednisolone to budesenoid. They said if iy is working then leave it as there won't be a big difference in her BG. Another Grrr.

Hope everyone has a great day. Here is hoping for another green day

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

These morning blues really are curious aren't they? I hope you figure out how to get some morning greens out of Chloe :D:D In the meantime... she looks so great it's hard to feel down about it :)

Sorry to hear about your stubborn vet :facepalm:

3. Randi & Max (GA)

I know so aggravating.,
    Marje said those are the last and hardest to bring down and suggested i feed her at like +9. I was up at 3:00 am this morning and di think about going down to feed he but was just so tired and need to be at work today, and have a long day so yeah, I didn't. My bad.
    I love how she waits in the kitchen now for me for breakfast. Very up and about these past few days.

I will speak to the tech later on today. She had texted me this morning that it was discussed and the answer was no so I will try and get better scoop on that.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Good luck with feeding at th e+9

I LOVE it when my cats are waiting for me... they both are at the door waiting for me when i get home from work!

Randi & Max (GA) likes this.
  5. Randi & Max (GA)

Didn't get as many tests in today. Was at work. Still holding on.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am curious how much experience your vet and the tech have with prednisolone vs budesonide in a diabetic cat. Neko’s internal medicine vet and the IM Vet that consults to the online lymphoma groups recommend budesonide for diabetics and heart kitties.

How long after you get up do you leave for the day? Just wondering if moving “preshot” time back would help. Feed when you get up, test as you go out the door.

7. Randi & Max (GA)

I actually don’t know Wendy.
    I didn’t end up speaking directly to them. Ended up in a 4 hour meeting this afternoon.
    I am not pleased to be sure and will try and get some answers. After 30 years I might need to shop for a new vet. Getting upset on many levels not just for Chloe but for my CH kitty’s blood work I just saw results for and some were very scary that I need interpreted as no one said anything about to me.

And that is an interesting idea about my morning routine. Since I’m not giving insulin it doesn’t really make a huge difference what my 12 hour period is. It’s just the night last check because I get tired.
    I can feed her when I get up. How long after to test I am flexible when I need to leave the house.
    But what will that show?

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ideally you would like three hours after the feed, but you can experiment. If she ends up with a green AMBG, it means food is triggering the pancreas to work to bring down her numbers.

9. Randi & Max (GA)

I can do that. Tomorrow when I wake I will feed her. Then test 3 hours later. I’ll make note of what I did as my title thread.
    Thanks Wendy.

Wendy&Neko likes this.