7/7 Loudogg AMPS 162 +3 370 +7.5 311 PMPS 253 +2 246 +4 137 +6 64

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

July 6, 2018 Condo - Right back in the saddle

Good morning everyone!

I have come to the conclusion - and I'll say it here to have it in writing - I am no longer allowed to make any assumptions or be nice when it comes to Lou's FD dance. I was SO positive that he'd bounce after the fun we had yesterday. I mean, he always does, and how could he not with a lime green in the picture?! And he was so annoyed with me and the additional testing. I mean, he wasn't snapping or biting or anything like that. He just makes testing a bit more of a headache (not wanting to come out from his "hiding place", or extra pulling away ears when testing). I didn't want to keep bothering him with testing if it wasn't necessary. So I saw his BG had gone up, assumed the bounce was coming (they've been coming on gradually), and went to bed.

So I wake up this morning expecting a pink preshot and business as usual. I see our BG notebook out on the couch and assume Caleb tested once during the night, which is great. However, I see there was no bounce!! :eek: He actually cruised after my last test. I am so thankful that Caleb was home to test by +6. And the blue preshot this morning is a welcome surprise. I'm definitely curious to know how he'll do today.

So, moral of the story, no assumptions and no being nice. A good reminder for myself today. :joyful: I hope you all have wonderful days and your kitties stay safe out there!

PS -
    I use CarePoint Vet U-100 Syringes 31G 3/10cc 5/16" w/half unit markings. I used the U-40 CarePoint syringes and I loved them. I like these ones as well so far, but yeah, the markings are close together. I had previously tried Monojects that I hated (they stuck like no one's business), and their markings were hard to read as well. I'll be looking into calipers today I think. I would feel better knowing I'm dosing consistently.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Loudogg! Keep those beans on their toes, that's your job.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

There's a saying around here "never trust a cat" :p However I would've gone to sleep to with the +2 although my alarm was set every 3 hours overnight. I also used the CarePoint syringes but needed good light and a magnifying glass. Surf safely today Loudoogg.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  4. Amanda and a Loudogg

+3 = 370

Damn.

5. Amanda and a Loudogg

On a positive note, I bought calipers today. I've read Marje's article, but I'll have to look deeper. Hopefully I can get it all sorted away!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the calipers. Looks like Lou let you out of the house for awhile :rolleyes: Neko delayed her bounces too. Kept me guessing. :cat:

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Definitely the name of the game I'm learning. What will Lou do today?! The worst guessing game on the planet, ha! On the positive side, he's not holding his bounces as long, which is great. This is the first time he's broken a bounce towards the end of a cycle, so I'm interested to see how that will go tonight. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.