7/8 Cosmo AMPS 367, +3 182, +6 225

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Jul 8, 2020.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

2. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

His numbers look nice today. I just wanted to say, Cosmo is lucky to have someone so wonderful in his life. He deserves it, of course, and he probably knows he deserves it. But I'm impressed at all you're doing for him.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry I didn't pop in yesterday. Can I ask why the reduced dose? We dose based on nadirs, not preshots. He was getting to high blues so not getting anywhere near needing a reduction.

4. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Hi!
    Last night we tested, then he ate a decent amount, went to the litter when we went to get his insulin ready, strained, then threw up his dinner. We tried to feed again, stalled a bit, and he wasn't interested in eating :(
    We thought something was better than nothing, so gave him 1.0. An hour later he was hungry again :facepalm: In hindsight, we should have given the full 1.5.

Trying our best to mange his conditions. Still no poop, just little squirts and toots.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I deal with diabetes/acromegaly, heart conditions, kidney disease and small cell lymphoma all in one furry package that sometimes went on hunger strikes. I know managing multiple conditions is hard. :bighug: But I also knew if I could get at least 2/3 of the calories needed in via syringe or tempting, I could stick to the same dose and be better in the long run. You do have a couple hours after the shot and before onset to get food in. I actually switched to Levemir, very similar action, but I had 4-5 hours to onset so lots of time to get food in.

thebigfuzz likes this.