7 Jan | Girlie AMPS 158; +4=83

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

2. Girlie's mom

@Marje and Gracie , thanks for this. I don't think Girlie is doing that, but it's quite an interesting idea! I know that lots of Lantus cats are early onset (as Girlie was); I don't know whether there are lots of early onset Levemir cats, though? I'll have to check out Kris and Teasel and Osha and Alicia to see... I need to start checking everyone's profile so I can make a list of cats on Levemir. :)

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

OMG! The human meter sorted Girlie out, huh? :eek: ;)

SS is looking amazing!

It blew my mind to find out a cat could nadir after +12! These SS puzzles sure are interesting, who needs sudoku puzzles, right? :joyful:

Beenie (GA) and Girlie's mom like this.
  4. Girlie's mom

Yeah, she's a different cat on a human meter: amazing. She's the same cat, but I'm a less stressed out and fiddly with things human (with a few extra bucks in her wallet), so there you go! Not looking back, Stacy... :)

I don't know if many Lantus cats would have that long a duration; I know Levemir cats can have really long duration; the nadir thing is interesting though, isn't it? Cats are fascinating, aren't they...

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

If nothing else, that monitor has restored some of your sanity, I'm sure! :bighug:

Asia has had duration that long on Lantus, many times, check out December 2017 on her SS. I don't think it's an insulin specific thing as much as a cat specific thing. Did you know in humans, many can get away with using Lantus once per day but often need Lev BID? Whoda thunk? ;)

Girlie's mom likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Looking good, Girlie, hope you are feeling better Darrah, and make sure you get your rest o_O

Girlie's mom likes this.
  7. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad the human meter has changed your outlook! Girlie's looking good, so make sure you get your rest. :bighug:

Girlie's mom likes this.
  8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

While we usually tell members that Lantus typically onsets at +2 and nadirs about +6, Levemir seems to have. It more variation. I’ve seen Lev cats nadir anywhere from +8 to +12 on a routine basis.

Awesome looking SS! I think Girlie read her condo that you have to go out of town!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  9. Girlie's mom

I sure wish she'd nadir at +8! That would change my whole work/sleep outlook for sure...

The Contour Next ran closest to the AlphaTrak; still lower, but not as drastically lower than the Freestyle Lite. I've stopped comparing the three (comparisons are at the end of the 2017 SS if anyone's interested) as it seemed that the lower she went, the closer they came. Regardless, the Contour Next is restoring my sanity! I just really hope that she can settle in to a dose of a drop; that's easy to draw without use of special glasses or rulers and is one that other caregivers (vet or possible pet sitter) could manage. We'll see: still six weeks to go until the trip.

10. Girlie's mom

Thanks so much, Christie and Alicia. I'm still exhausted, though I'm trying to get sleep in and just lolling about for the last day of my holiday. I was quite surprised that after 13% last night (I just wanted to sleep, but didn't get in as much as I wanted), she didn't skyrocket up. Makes me wonder what she was doing while I was sleeping... :rolleyes:

Ideally, I'd love to give her her shot at 7 pm and just go to sleep. But then I have to guess at what she's going to do... Maybe tonight I'll just do that, especially given that the depot from the 0.1 Unit is still in play as this will only be cycle 3 of the drop. We'll see...

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  11. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:woot:Holy crap:woot:
    Wow Darrah look at Girlie go!!!! I can't believe this is her SS. I'm so happy for both of you:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I didn't read back at old posts but I see you switched meters! Geez is that all it took?:p

Happy New Year to you!!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  12. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Look at the change in Girlie!! I hadn't stopped by in a couple of days, what a difference a couple of days make!

Keep back the good work Girlie.:D:D:D

13. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

What progress! Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.