8/01 Chloe AMBG +3 75 AMBG PMBG 109

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Aug 1, 2019.

1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterdays' Condo

Good morning.
    So as Wendy suggested yesterday I did not test Chloe first thing in the morning but rather fed her, waited 3 hours and the tested at +3. Got a 75.
    Still not sure what that is telling me as I don;t know what she started at this morning. It does appear based on test throughout the days that she does bring her numbers down with food.
    She was up in my bedroom again this morning so I scooped her up and had snuggle time with 3 kitties in bed.
    Tough to get up and go to work but someone has to pay for all the food they eat, lol.

Looks like she is on a good path and guess we will need to decide if she is really diabetic and live with hogher morning numbers unless someone can suggest how I get those numbers at night down.

AmandaE likes this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I hope she isn't diabetic Randi! that would so be the best case scenario!! it's kind of hard to believe she would be considering her numbers over the last week!

Have a great day at work!! that cat food doesnt pay for itself ;) :p

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Go Chloe! :D

By delaying your AMBG time and feeding earlier, it is like you were feeding a +9 snack overnight. I did see how you were finding it hard to get up and feed a late PM cycle snack on your old preshot schedule. For kitties on a trial, we suggest several small meals. To be determined if over time this can bring her overall numbers down as the pancreas heals.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  4. Randi & Max (GA)

For some reason I feel really stupid about this and not understanding. I really didn't change anything other than not knowing what her morning number was before food.
    My usual routine is to wake up about half hour before "shot' time. I would test her, then feed her then test her again 3-4 hours to see if her numbers came down from the food.
    Thats what I do every day. Test every 4 hours and then feed so she is having small meals throughout the day.
    I just don't feed her while I sleep.

Also spoke with the vet about the pred vs the bud. Pretty sure it is because she is not as familiar with it as the pred and because she has been on it for so long and managed the ibd... she prefers to keep her on it and sue insulin if required. She also said the reason to do it every second day is because she wants to shut down the adrenal gland (I hope I am getting this right) by tricking it into thinking it needs to work on the day it doesn't get the pred.

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Well this number I do not like and was very surprised to see it.
    I was not able to get home early enough to see how she was doing and what she had eaten.
    This number is 3 hours after food.
    Hope by bedtime it comes down.

6. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Well within meter variance. I'd call it a high green.

Randi & Max (GA) likes this.
  7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Randi, It's great that Chole is close to being diet-controlled. Sorry I haven't been following your condo: I'm totally wiped out with what I think is Lyme Disease. Not fun and not the summer I had planned!

Hugs and scritches,

8. Randi & Max (GA)

(((Ella))) thanks for stopping by and checking in on us. I’m so sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well.
    Sending lots of hugs and get better wishes.
    Next trip down south we will have to meet up.

9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Looking great

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Remember she might still be dealing with dawn phenomenon. She is a diabetic.....so she’s at “risk” for it.

I understood Wendy’s line of reasoning. She was just trying to keep you from getting up at +9 but still allow us to see if food brings her down. True, you wouldn’t know if she is still up a bit at AMPS.